Author Topic: My friend is getting published!  (Read 4624 times)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
on: July 29, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Hey everyone! A friend of mine wrote a book and it's being released tomorrow. :) Of course I haven't read it yet so I can't say that I think it's the best book I've ever read (yet), but obviously I'm super excited for him and wanted to give him a plug here. ;D

Three by Jay Posey (amazon)

It's a post-apocalyptic sci-fi and the reviews have been quite good so far, with the biggest criticism being that there are no infodumps and the reader therefore has to do a lot of the work to imagine how the world came to be the way it is. This is very much ymmv territory. Tor has a nicely thorough review here that I think gives a fair idea of the book.

By the way, he's contracted for a trilogy and I have the inside scoop that he'll be turning in a first draft of the second book next week so there shouldn't be copious wait times in between books. :)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 03:25:27 PM
Coming back here for two reasons: One, the first book, Three, was great! I highly recommend it for anyone who likes post-apocalyptic SF, especially when it has a tech-heavy bent. :) And exciting news, the second book was released today!

Morningside Fall by Jay Posey

One note, for some ridiculous reason whoever wrote the blurb decided to put a GIANT spoiler in the first sentence. Like, a "He's Luke's father" or "He was dead the whole time" or "Soylent Green is people" -level spoiler. :-\ So, try not to read the description for the second book unless you've already read the first book.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:27:05 PM by Devoted135 »

stephjo

• Extern
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 04:59:52 AM
Congrats to your friend mate, I will give a look into those books :)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 04:48:48 PM
Yay, thanks!

By the way, I flew through Morningside Fall, Jay does a great job of writing protagonists that I love and antagonists that I love to hate. :)