Author Topic: Welcome to Nightvale  (Read 22127 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
on: August 09, 2013, 04:19:40 PM
Holy crap, are you people listening to this?  WHY NOT? 

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:33:37 PM
I was planning on wedging it in after John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats recently named it and Pseudopod as his two favorite podcasts.

flintknapper

• Lochage
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 06:09:58 PM
One of my wife's friends came over this weekend to play tabletop games and they were talking about it. I gave it a listen, but I didnt really get into it. However, both of them follow it religiously.

Windup

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 02:18:08 AM
Yes, I picked it up somewhere fairly early in it's history. 

I love its deeply bent humor, but I find very few other people who seem to appreciate it.

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."

eytanz

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 05:56:13 AM
Welcome to Nightvale has quickly become one of my favourite podcasts, I love its humor, and Cecil Baldwin's delivery is excellent.

evrgrn_monster

• Lochage
  • SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:08:32 AM
I'm a fan! It's weird, dark, and a lot of fun.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:54 PM
I checked it out after seeing this thread and I am loving it.  I think I have finished about the first 15 episodes so far

ungelic_is_us

• Extern
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:02:25 AM
All of my podcasts are my favorites, but right now Welcome to Nightvale is my favoritest. Who's a shiny new little creeper? Is it you, little Night Vale? Yes it is! ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD!

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 06:55:57 AM
I listened to the first few episodes about 6 months ago, found the narrator a bit off-putting, and dropped it. In the last month or so, I've seen lots and lots and lots of recommendations, so I'm giving it another try. I've listened to about 15 episodes now, and it's mildly interesting, but I'd rather listen to a Pseudopod story any time.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Listened to the pilot with my girlfriend and we loved it.  Going to be picking this one up! :)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:56 AM
My girls and I LOVE Welcome to Night Vale. We end each episode with a "g'night Cecil!" like some manic band of Charlies angels.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 12:30:38 AM
Night Vale fans on the US East Coast, their cast is finally making it out to our side of the continent for their nifty live shows! They're selling out pretty fast, so make sure to jump on the tickets if you're interested.

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 09:00:41 AM
Wrong night of the week.  I'd have to take at least four hours of leave to attend.  :-(

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:07:24 AM
Wrong night of the week.  I'd have to take at least four hours of leave to attend.  :-(

Hmmm....

1. Get massively sick, call in, then start to feel better right around the time the Night Vale show starts.

2. Come to the Atlanta show with me and Fenrix, because a road trip with a toddler will totally be awesome and painless and not at all a bad idea.

3. During work, just step through the dimensional door and let Desert Bluffs Scattercat fill in for you for a few hours. Leave him with your login info, because I think we're all dying to meet Desert Bluffs Scattercat.

eytanz

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
Night Vale fans on the US East Coast, their cast is finally making it out to our side of the continent for their nifty live shows! They're selling out pretty fast, so make sure to jump on the tickets if you're interested.

Now if they only made it a bit further East - you know, just another little ocean or so more. Then I'd be able to not be ridiculously jealous of all of you...

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 04:18:52 PM

Now if they only made it a bit further East - you know, just another little ocean or so more. Then I'd be able to not be ridiculously jealous of all of you...

How well can you swim? You can crash in our guest room. :D

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 05:45:42 PM
If you guys have a chance to see the live Night Vale show, I highly recommend it! Caught their Atlanta show last night, and it was extremely impressive, much more than one bald guy reading a script into a mic has a right to be. The tour is still making its way to various places along the East Coast, Midwest, and Southern US before they head back to Seattle, and more dates/stops keep getting added, so if you're a fan, keep an eye on it.

Also, I was utterly floored by the sheer size of the crowd. It was at a major concert venue in Atlanta and completely sold out. I think I've vastly underestimated the size and rabid dedication of podcast fandom in my area...  :o

stephjo

• Extern
Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 05:04:54 AM
Weird and dark fun, I and enjoying every bit of it

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:57 PM
I think the only way I can encapsulate my feelings about it is that listening to Welcome to Nightvale is like eating frosting straight from the can.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 12:11:53 AM
Other people think it's gross and if you do it too much you feel sick afterward?

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 12:51:01 AM
I think the only way I can encapsulate my feelings about it is that listening to Welcome to Nightvale is like eating frosting straight from the can.
It is so wrong, and so, so right, all at the same time.  :D

Other people think it's gross and if you do it too much you feel sick afterward?
....Yeah, and that too. Pretty much.