Author Topic: How to become a reader  (Read 4013 times)

zatatmando

• Extern
on: September 02, 2013, 01:53:29 AM
Hi there all,
If I am posting this in the wrong area I apologize.

I couldn't find anywhere on the site how to get involved with becoming a reader.

If anyone can either give me submission guidelines or tell me where to find that info on the escape artists site, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:28:09 AM
Such queries should be directed to the appropriate editorial e-mails.  :-)

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:05:21 PM
PodCastle did a narrator drive/call for readers thingy, trying to expand the range and breadth of our narrators a while back.  Fortuitously for you, in the post are the instructions on how to apply to narrate for PodCastle.  The other casts may have their own methodologies, so "asking the editor" still applies for PP and EP.

PC would still love to have more POC narrators to choose from.  We seem to be short these days on Asians (more Indians/Chinese/Japanese, including Okinawans/Filipinos/Malaysians) would be great.  We have a scarcity of male American/Canadian POC, and continually need people who can adequately handle Spanish.  And, where my secret heart hopes, it would be incredibly sweet to have any indigenous people of the Americas as readers. 

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

zatatmando

• Extern
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 11:58:46 PM
Thank you very much for all of this info! I really appreciate it and would have directed it to the appropriate channels but could not find who that would be.

I will look into this, and I know of a couple of other people who would be interested in trying out to be a reader as well.

Thanks again!

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:08 AM
Thank you very much for all of this info! I really appreciate it and would have directed it to the appropriate channels but could not find who that would be.

You're welcome, and this was appropriate enough.  :)

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!