Author Topic: EP BONUS: Ecru - The Butcher of Balis  (Read 9129 times)

Russell Nash

on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:02 AM
EP BONUS: Ecru - The Butcher of Balis

Here’s a special prerelease of a new podcasting first: a full comic book distributed exclusively via podcast!

Ecru debuts today from Particle 9 Productions, distributed by Outcast Multimedia. The first issue features art by Chasen Grieshop and an original story by Earl Newton (of Stranger Things). We’re pleased to deliver this special preview edition of the comic on the Escape Pod feed.

Download

ajames

• Lochage
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:30:41 PM
Very cool!  I was taken in immediately with the artwork, especially with the drawing of the strong, beautiful woman swinging a sword of light or fire.  Though I did misread the title on that page as "The Butcher of Balls" which gave the artwork a very different meaning [and feeling]  :o ;D

Anyway, I've never been too into comic books or graphic novels, so I wonder what others think about this distribution system.  Lenswork Magazine [http://www.lenswork.com/] did something along these lines that I thought was brilliant.  They continued to print and sell a high quality magazine, but then they also offered a CD for sale containing an electronic version of the magazine and lots of extras [interviews with the featured photographers, extra photographs, etc.].  Over time I did something I thought I'd never do, stopping the print magazine and just getting the CD.  Though if I had the money, I'd get them both.

Thanks for bringing this to us Steve!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:49:38 PM
My God. i love it. youve made a subscriber out of me.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?