Author Topic: I shall never rush to comment...  (Read 2195 times)

MadeInTheDark

• Extern
  • I was made in the Dark
on: September 21, 2013, 09:18:46 PM
... so a short new member intro... hmm... age:60, sex:male, gene pool: 7 with a male to female ratio of 5/2, age distribution set: 27, 25, 23, 21, 18, 15,13.
... aspirations (I hate 'bucket list', my generation should be tar and feathered) ...lets see, too old to take over the world, Ah yes my default, formulated in my youth: To leave this world having had one original idea.

Hoping to find inspiration to full fill my aspirations here.

--
Cheers MitD

"Writing is more than hitting the keys in the right order. The best ideas are made in the dark" -- MitD

Cutter McKay

• Hipparch
  • "I was the turkey the whoooole time!"
    • Detention Block AA23
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
Hi, MitD. Welcome. I have to say, best intro ever. I'm onboard with the idea of having had one original idea, but I would add to it. To leave this world having had one original idea, and having shared it with someone else.

-Josh Morrey-
http://joshmorreywriting.blogspot.com/
"Remember: You have not yet written your best work." -Tracy Hickman

MadeInTheDark

• Extern
  • I was made in the Dark
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:12:42 PM
Thank you cutter... '...and share with someone else' ... that's the rub, isn't it? In my work -- software engineer, oh god I know everybody around here is an engineer, a particle physicist or a mysterious traveller of the universe,.. as I said  in my work ideas are constrained by time, resource and money. The ''original ideal" sharing,  at least for moi seems to be constrained by procrastination, confidence and circumstance. I often dream of finding the MitD equivalent of Einstein's Swiss Patent Office, But of course MitD ain't no Einstein. Perhaps sharing is just a matter of practice... so I practice. Thanks again for including me in your practice :)

--
Cheers -- MitD

"Writing is more than hitting the keys in the right order. The best ideas are made in the dark" -- MitD