Escape Artists
December 15, 2017, 09:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AB's Writing Again  (Read 5277 times)
alwaysblack
Palmer

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »

Done!

"If I asked you where the hell we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I regret it?"
Varda
Rebound
Hipparch

Definitely not an android.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »

Yay, welcome! Make sure to stop in and introduce yourself. Smiley

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com
alwaysblack
Palmer

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 04:09:23 AM »

November approaches and pretty much all of my planning material is in a usable state.

I'm pretty sure, judging by my typing speed, that I won't actually have enough writing hours in the month to hit 50k, but I'll see how close I can get.

"If I asked you where the hell we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I regret it?"
alwaysblack
Palmer

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

First three days of NaNoWriMo and I'm doing OK. Just over 5,000 words written and bang on track for the 50K by the end of the month.

I can't get over how important it's been to have writing plans ready ahead of time. I reckon much of my time writing freestyle is spent staring into space figuring out where to go next, which really eats into the flow.

alwaysblack
Palmer

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »

End of Week 1 and my wordcount is at 10,449, the most I've written in one go for a decade. I'm a bit behind where I'm supposed to be, but I've battled unexpected house guests, a Bonfire Night party, a sudden and unexpected night of leaving drinks for a colleague and a tense visit to the hospital to scan my baby girl, who is due in March. Fairly proud of myself, so far.

I am knackered though, it's hard to see how I can keep this pace up til December.

alwaysblack
Palmer

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »

28,483 - can't seem to write enough to keep the wordcount at par. Had a couple of nights off because I really couldn't find the mental energy to put what I was thinking into legible sentences.

The most frustrating part is that I'm starting to write in broken half-stories. I've got maybe three complete and three beginning-to-middle pieces written, but where I might haven taken the thinking time to finish one before I started another, I'm just driving ahead with whatever coherent idea comes to mind in order to stay on top of the wordcount.

Even if I do manage to hit the target by the end of the month there's probably another month's work sorting the mess out.

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: