The Lounge at the End of the Universe > Gallimaufry

New Member/Listeners

(1/219) > >>

Thaurismunths:
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't see any kind of "new people say 'hi' here" area.

Obviously I'm a newb and apparently I'm becoming a simpering fanboy, as the highlight of my weekends recently has been is sitting on the couch with my girlfriend and indulging in a string of podcast.
I was raised on Duck's Breath Mystery Theater & Dr. Science, Garrison Keeler, and the annual review of the original Orson Well's "War of the Worlds." Beyond a doubt I'm addicted to the radio-theater experience. I've only listened to a couple pods and a handful of flashes, and a few stories on Pseudopod, and I can't get enough.
I'm not terribly well versed in Sci-Fi, though I have a great appreciation for it. My interest in stories comes more from my love of storytelling. Even trips to the grocery store can be fascinating if told well. I don’t often get hung up on the “big picture” of a story, though I can usually appreciate what the author was trying to convey. I do try to digest what the story was about, but I enjoy stories most for the experience of having heard it and the quirky concepts they include (like "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie).
A suspension of disbelief isn't difficult for me as each story is in its own world where rules are different... however flaws in logic get my goat every time (humans are humans, wherever they go). I'm sure you'll see me around the forum. I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank "SFEley" for his great work!

Ps. Where do you get the readers? Are you looking for others?

oddpod:
welcome to the shiney spam free foruns

Thaurismunths:
I notice that I'm the only person who's gone and made a point of saying "hi". I kind of assume that’s because most of the contributors here were around for the mythological "Forums of Old" and already know each other. However, if this kind of social interaction is too out of place on the boards I won't be offended if it gets removed.

madjo:
I didn't really think about adding a "Hi" thread. :)

I'm new here too (not exactly new to Escape Pod, but I never visited the old forums). :)

Me, I'm a 20-something guy from The Netherlands, who likes all kinds of fiction stories, though the main part are fantasy, sci-fi or (legal) thrillers. :)

As far as I know, there are very little Dutch story-podcasts, and no radio plays at all anymore (though I might be mistaken). So I'll stick to English fiction. Not that I mind though, sometimes I think that I was born in the wrong country, given my penchant to use English more than Dutch.

*update*
I'm not much of a writer, I'm more of a reader/listener. :)

jrderego:

--- Quote from: Thaurismunths on January 17, 2007, 01:40:38 PM ---I notice that I'm the only person who's gone and made a point of saying "hi". I kind of assume that’s because most of the contributors here were around for the mythological "Forums of Old" and already know each other. However, if this kind of social interaction is too out of place on the boards I won't be offended if it gets removed.

--- End quote ---

Greetings Thaurismunths and Madjo. Welcome to the forum. I'm Jeffrey R. DeRego, the writer of the Union Dues stories that have been published here at Escape Pod. Glad to have you two along for the ride!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version