The Lounge at the End of the Universe > Gallimaufry

New Member/Listeners

<< < (2/219) > >>

Brian Reilly:
I am a 30 year-old Scot who loves reading SF, crime novels and lefty political books. My SF preferences are for modern Space Opera (Iain M Banks, Bruce Sterling), SF based on geek/hacker culture (e.g Cory Doctorow), politically-minded novels (Kim Stanley Robinson, Ken Macleod) and the fascinating subject of the Singularity and Posthumanism (Vernor Vinge, Bruce Sterling, Charlie Stross). I love worldbuilding- fiction that creates a believable world or universe the reader can get lost in.

I read the odd bit of fantasy. The worldview found in the likes of Lewis and Tolkein is not mine (nostalgic, authoritarian, over-moralistic) but I appreciate the geeky worldbuilding that went into Middle Earth. I prefer to read Terry Pratchett, and JK Rowling, as well as a bit of Ursula Le Guin's fantasy, and some Moorcock.

SFEley:

--- Quote from: Thaurismunths on January 17, 2007, 01:40:38 PM ---I notice that I'm the only person who's gone and made a point of saying "hi". I kind of assume that’s because most of the contributors here were around for the mythological "Forums of Old" and already know each other. However, if this kind of social interaction is too out of place on the boards I won't be offended if it gets removed.

--- End quote ---

It's not out of place at all!  It's a great idea -- and welcome!

(Hi, my name is Steve, and....  Oh.  You knew that.)

Russell Nash:

--- Quote from: SFEley on January 17, 2007, 05:25:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Thaurismunths on January 17, 2007, 01:40:38 PM ---I notice that I'm the only person who's gone and made a point of saying "hi". I kind of assume that’s because most of the contributors here were around for the mythological "Forums of Old" and already know each other. However, if this kind of social interaction is too out of place on the boards I won't be offended if it gets removed.

--- End quote ---

It's not out of place at all!  It's a great idea -- and welcome!

(Hi, my name is Steve, and....  Oh.  You knew that.)

--- End quote ---

Hi my name is Tom(chorus of voices:"Hi, Tom") and I'm an alcoholic. Oh, no, wait, I'm a moderator.

Welcome, I only made one post to the last forum and the next podcast Steve mentioned it was being abandoned.

oddpod:
hi all
i am a brit residing in the northan wastes of the uk,
i am studying english,art and child wrangling

hope to be a teacher some time down the line , aparently you have to be abull to spell thow :(

Bdoomed:

--- Quote from: oddpod on January 19, 2007, 07:18:47 PM ---hope to be a teacher some time down the line , aparently you have to be abull to spell thow :(

--- End quote ---

awwwww... im sure you'll find a way, there are lotsa things you can teach that dont really require spelling... like maybe a literature analysis type class, tis mostly lecture and readin.

I'm a 16 year old American residing in Miami, FL... tho i am originally from Darnestown, MD.
I'm geared mostly towards english/lit and art, also computers (software, animation, IT)  im really not sure what i want to study or anythin.  Im thinkin game animation would be fun but im not sure if i'd like it as a job... but hey, i dont have to pick a major yet so im fine for now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version