Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361408 times)

Creideann

• Extern
Reply #425 on: October 20, 2012, 03:09:24 AM
Hello all.  I am a new listener.  Really enjoying it so far.  Thanks for the listening while I knit.  :D

zombwynne

• Extern
Reply #426 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:03 PM
Hello! Another new listener here. Was looking for something new to listen to while I cleaned and did homework and I am hooked now.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #427 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:35 PM
Welcome, one and all!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Winsome Spritely

• Extern
Reply #428 on: November 28, 2012, 12:19:07 AM
Oh, hello assorted escapists, I'm primarily writing a little something so my account doesn't vanish due to protracted silence.  I'm a 20-something recent grad who binges on podcasts and wonders why every other comment recording features Electric Paladin...I imagine him/her as some sort of monolithic story judging god in whose scales timorous writers weigh their words.  Also, in my imagination, he/she has armor, a shnazzy helm, and lightening of some sort...also presumably a laptop. 

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #429 on: November 28, 2012, 03:31:37 AM
Oh, hello assorted escapists, I'm primarily writing a little something so my account doesn't vanish due to protracted silence.  I'm a 20-something recent grad who binges on podcasts and wonders why every other comment recording features Electric Paladin...I imagine him/her as some sort of monolithic story judging god in whose scales timorous writers weigh their words.  Also, in my imagination, he/she has armor, a shnazzy helm, and lightening of some sort...also presumably a laptop. 

Your description of ElectricPaladin is remarkably apropos :D

ExecuDork

• Extern
Reply #430 on: December 05, 2012, 07:13:53 AM
Hello, long time listener first time caller commenter. I finally got around to registering here because of a negative opinion on a story, which is not the best reason but before I go into that thread and make that comment, I'd like my first comment to be much more positive: I really enjoy the stories Escape Artists has been putting out there, week after week, for years. Great stuff, thanks everybody.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #431 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:16 PM
Welcome ExecuDork.  As for your registering to comment, without feedback escape artists won't know what people like and dislike so they can continue to offer stories we all like. 

Obelisk

• Extern
Reply #432 on: December 28, 2012, 07:02:33 PM
Hi everyone ^^

I'm 23. Currently I'm learning art ^^

eytanz

Reply #433 on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:09 PM
Hi Obelisk, and welcome - but please note that this is not a forum about art, it's a forum dedicated to the genre podcasts published by Escapeartists. If you're looking for art-related questions, you won't find much help here...

I deleted your posting about fonts because it looked suspiciously like a spam posting (what with an odd link in the middle and having nothing to do with the forum in which it was posted). If you're not a spammer, let me know, and you can post it again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:23:15 PM by eytanz »

Obelisk

• Extern
Reply #434 on: December 29, 2012, 02:11:08 AM
Hi eytanz, I'm here to let you know I'm... uhm... not a spammer ;D

Actually I've seen another Mod's post about "no-link-in-first-post", so I decided to introduce myself first, then post my question with the link :)

It's not like I'm here to PR for that software :( And since I'm asking about tool rather than art, I think if someone knew about the tool, then it's all clear...

My thanks to you if the topic can be re-posted, at a suitable place in this forum ^^

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #435 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:18 AM
Not sure how your question pertains to the podcasts produced here... you really aren't going to find many answers here, if any, to your question.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #436 on: December 29, 2012, 09:40:26 AM
Hi Obelisk, in that case, my apologies for deleting your post, but as bdoomed said, I'm not sure you'll get much help here. That said, feel free to repost it (but please do so in the "gallimaufry" forum which is where questions unrelated to writing, genre fiction, or podcasting belong).

Corcoran

• Palmer
    • My shop-page (Only in German)
Reply #437 on: January 20, 2013, 08:11:27 PM
Does really anyone reads here in this sections anything ?
What does it help if I update the information about me ?

Strange, hard pressed for some free time, but I sat here for a long time contemplating if I should write about what 2013 will bring.

And if I write, why of all places write it here ?

Because nobody I personally know will read it ?

In the End I came up with a qoute from someone else "If you dont have anything positive to say, shut up" (This is pretty freely translated from German) But this Evening I am just sitting here, waiting for me to kick my ass back to the work still left to do, and somehow I hope, against better knowing, that 2013 will not be so bad as I think it will be. Ok, the night is still young, back to work...

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #438 on: January 20, 2013, 08:57:21 PM
Does really anyone reads here in this sections anything ?
What does it help if I update the information about me ?

Strange, hard pressed for some free time, but I sat here for a long time contemplating if I should write about what 2013 will bring.

And if I write, why of all places write it here ?

Because nobody I personally know will read it ?

In the End I came up with a qoute from someone else "If you dont have anything positive to say, shut up" (This is pretty freely translated from German) But this Evening I am just sitting here, waiting for me to kick my ass back to the work still left to do, and somehow I hope, against better knowing, that 2013 will not be so bad as I think it will be. Ok, the night is still young, back to work...

People do read this thread!
Welcome to the forums!
I don't know what 2013 will bring either, but it doesn't bother. The solar calendar and Gregorian year-counting is a completely arbitrary system. I use it because it's convenient to be in sync with everybody else, but the dates hold no meaning for me.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Corcoran

• Palmer
    • My shop-page (Only in German)
Reply #439 on: January 21, 2013, 04:00:01 PM
Ok Max, you made me laugh, thanks for that. If I believe in bad luck because of numbers like 2013, that would be strange. All of my thoughts come from seen the present and trying to figure out what will happen in the near future, it does not depend on years excatly, maybe I was just in a dark mood. But thank you for cheering me up.  :D

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #440 on: January 24, 2013, 02:44:29 PM
Welcome Daniel. 

Curn Bounder

• Extern
Reply #441 on: January 25, 2013, 06:35:35 PM
Greetings all.
The name is Derek Johnson, from the lofty state of Colorado in the heart of the U.S. of A.

I have used Curn Bounder on a number of forums, so I carried it over here.

I have listened to PseudoPod and occasionally EscapePod and PodCastle for a few months now--mainly through Stitcher.  Only with the announcement of the contest on PseudoPod did I discover that there were forums here.  I look forward to lurking (I generally don't post much) and seeing what y'all are up to.

Thank you so much to the writers, editors and readers.  These stories are entertaining and inspiring and help me survive the iron maiden (cubicle) in which I spend my days. 

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #442 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:19 PM
Welcome to the party, CB. :)

lethean

• Extern
    • LetheanPen Rambles
Reply #443 on: January 27, 2013, 08:42:14 AM
Hello! Another new member dropping by to introduce herself - I'm lethean, a 25 year old Aussie who first started listening to Escape Pod after being drawn into the world of fiction podcasts by Variant Frequencies... and it wasn't too long after that, that PseudoPod stole my heart. I think they're using it as a paperweight or something. Either way, I'm looking forward to what more tales the Escape Artists bring us in 2013!

Hungry Ghost

• Extern
Reply #444 on: January 27, 2013, 11:56:15 AM
Greetings, all!  I'm an avid fan -- these podcasts have sustained me through many a long, dark night down here in the Realm of Endless Craving and Unfulfilled Desires.  I'm really looking forward to sharing views on upcoming episodes.  In fact, I can hardly wait!  C'mon, hurry up! ::)

~ HG

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #445 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
Welcome lethean!  Isn't this world of fiction podcasts wonderful?   

I'm really looking forward to sharing views on upcoming episodes.  In fact, I can hardly wait!  C'mon, hurry up! ::)

Welcome Hungry Ghost!  Whilst waiting for new episodes, why don't you share comments on past stories?  There sure isn't a rule against that! 

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #446 on: January 27, 2013, 02:52:12 PM
Welcome lethean!  Isn't this world of fiction podcasts wonderful?   

I'm really looking forward to sharing views on upcoming episodes.  In fact, I can hardly wait!  C'mon, hurry up! ::)

Welcome Hungry Ghost!  Whilst waiting for new episodes, why don't you share comments on past stories?  There sure isn't a rule against that! 
(Thread) Necromancy is even fitting within the themes of pseudopod and podcastle  ;)

will write for beer

• Matross
Reply #447 on: January 29, 2013, 06:35:02 AM
I'm an advertising copywriter living with my wife, two dogs and a cat in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. My work has been published in Cemetery Moon, Suspense Magazine and Sanitarium. It's been rejected by too many to mention.

I love beer, zombies, stand-up comedy, cynicism, Diet Coke, loud music, TV, skiing, camping, dogs, the colors purple, orange and black, horror, proofreaders, the Cleveland Browns, THE Ohio State University, my friends and family, and smart advertising.

I hate pretty much everything else.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:18:28 PM by will write for beer »

Yeah, they're dead... They're all messed up.

H.P. Lovesauce

• Extern
Reply #448 on: January 30, 2013, 03:10:39 PM
Hullo. I'm HP. I'm here for the tentacles.

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #449 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:54 PM
Welcome, don't forget to stay for the things that go bump in the night.