Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361498 times)

Cynandre

• Palmer
  • I May be Addicted to Words...
    • Cynandre
Reply #525 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:55 AM
Hello. I've been listening for years and I thought it was about time to be a member of the Forum. I do not say much, but I will keep up with "role call" when needed.  ;)

Insanity takes it's toll. Please have exact change.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #526 on: May 26, 2013, 12:19:21 PM
Welcome to all the new people!  Glad to have you all with us!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

evrgrn_monster

• Lochage
  • SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.
Reply #527 on: May 31, 2013, 02:42:00 AM
Finally gave into the overlords of Escape Artists and their demands to join the ranks of the forum.

All hail!

Ahaha, not really crazy, I do promise. I have been listening to all three stations of the Pods for several years now and have been insistently inspired to actually crack into short fiction myself. I am hoping this will be the kick in the pants I need to actually sit down and write and join in the conversation!

Asterisk

• Extern
Reply #528 on: June 17, 2013, 07:46:41 PM
Hello all,

Just making it known that I'm not here to get people to buy expired male enhancement pills or meet Hot Desperate Singles Near You.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:53:47 PM by Asterisk »

mimcmullen

• Extern
    • Michael McMullen Blog
Reply #529 on: June 21, 2013, 05:10:24 AM
Hello, all. I'm Michael. I've been listening to Pseudopod for about a year and a half now and finally decided to give in and sign up for the forums. I'm call myself an active/aspiring writer and I am from Eastern Washington state.

Cheers! :)

Be sure to check out my new short story collection, The Stonemason and Other Tales, available through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EEN73T0

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #530 on: June 22, 2013, 01:50:44 PM
Hi Michael!

Also, hi Asterisk!

Also, hi evrgrn!

Welcome to the machine

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Whiskerwing

• Peltast
  • [Verb]!
    • TavenMoore.com
Reply #531 on: July 23, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
*waves shyly*

Hello, all! I'm a writer who just submitted her first story for Podcastle review, but I've been enjoying delving into the podcast enough to try for a forum presence.

Does anyone know if there's a "recommend some podcast stories for me" section in the forums? There are rather a lot of old episodes and I'd hate to miss out on something wonderful that simply predates me. I've seen the "Best of 20XX" posts and am finding the episode commentary to coincide with my opinion of the stories I've heard thus far, but I wasn't sure if there was a call for a slightly more personal recommendation service.

Thanks muchly!

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #532 on: July 23, 2013, 07:28:40 PM
*waves shyly*

Hello, all! I'm a writer who just submitted her first story for Podcastle review, but I've been enjoying delving into the podcast enough to try for a forum presence.

Does anyone know if there's a "recommend some podcast stories for me" section in the forums? There are rather a lot of old episodes and I'd hate to miss out on something wonderful that simply predates me. I've seen the "Best of 20XX" posts and am finding the episode commentary to coincide with my opinion of the stories I've heard thus far, but I wasn't sure if there was a call for a slightly more personal recommendation service.

Thanks muchly!

Welcome! There have been a few threads like that over time. If you are specifically asking about PodCastle, you can post a thread here:

http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?board=55.0

And let people know your tastes when you post. :)  If you're just asking about podcast fantasy stories in general (as they can be heard on several other podcasts as well), you may wish to post your query instead on the "Fantasy Discussion" board.

If you're looking for stories on any of the Escape Artists podcasts, or stories of any genre from any podcast, you can probably just post your query on "Gallimaufry." There's no specific board for such queries, because they can into any number of categories on boards that already exist. :)

Whiskerwing

• Peltast
  • [Verb]!
    • TavenMoore.com
Reply #533 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
Thank you, Talia-angry-pumpkin-pie! I'll hold off till I've made my way through a few more episodes before I post preferences (It's always nice to say "I liked X, Y, and Z, but not A, B, or C") for better feedback. Much appreciated!

Procyon

• Palmer
Reply #534 on: July 28, 2013, 06:56:52 PM
Well, seems like this is the place for introductions . . .

Just popping my head in to say "hi," to express my excitement that there does exist a bustling cabal of producers, consumers, and fans of speculative fiction (please substitute the correct term if that one displeases you) in written and spoken form, and to prevent myself from being purged by the reaper that comes at night to claim the postless. So, hi!

I've mostly been listening to Podcastle for the past few months.  I'd love to get the other two shows into my regular rotation but I am already woefully, shamefully, wretchedly far behind on all my listening entertainment that I don't think I could handle even more of it. But what I have heard so far is solid gold.  Perhaps chatting on this will convince me to up my dosage.

yisits

• Extern
Reply #535 on: August 07, 2013, 04:20:40 AM
not sure how this all works but wanted to say hello...hello!

OrbitHammer

• Extern
    • Aether Wings
Reply #536 on: August 08, 2013, 06:48:02 AM
Hey all. What's up?

Erner919

• Palmer
Reply #537 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:27 PM
Hi all!
I'm Erner919 as seen in the big blue letters on the panel to the left. I am a geek, nerd, bookworm, little sister, and knitter. (Not exactly extraordinaire, but nobody's perfect)

Odd username, I know. Not my fault though, it's my sister's fault; the classic sister-can't-pronounce-a-sibling's-name-and-says-something-else-instead situation. The sister in question is a younger sister though, and isn't named Valentine.  ;) Nor is my name Andrew.

Yep. See? Geek. :D

GNU Terry Pratchett

Lacrymosa

• Palmer
Reply #538 on: August 17, 2013, 03:46:47 PM
Posting to protect myself from getting purged when the machine uprising happens =(

CJ Black

• Extern
    • The Oficial Site of Author CJ Black
Reply #539 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:57 AM
I'm glad I found this thread, although it looks like the last time someone posted here was 2007! I just wanted to introduce myself, CJ Black here, author of fantasy, erotic and paranormal fiction.  I've known about Podcastle for awhile but just yesterday, I listened to a story that I really enjoyed and downloaded the whole she-bang into ITunes.  Looking forward to reading more and hopefully submitting something very soon.  In the meantime, please feel free to visit my blog Black Satin at www.cjblacksatin.blogspot.com or my official site at www.authorcjblack.com.  I always like to discuss the business. 

Peace ~
CJ

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #540 on: August 22, 2013, 05:37:42 AM
Welcome, not sure why it looked that way other than that is when the thread was started.  We had a big influx for the Pseudopod flash contest a few months back.

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #541 on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:55 AM
... and now a big influx with the Podcastle contest.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

wisdog

• Extern
Reply #542 on: August 30, 2013, 07:53:10 AM
Hello fellow Escape Artists.

Looking forward to reading some great posts. I hope you enjoy any posts that I offer.

See you all in there.

flintknapper

• Lochage
Reply #543 on: August 30, 2013, 03:19:18 PM
Welcome, not sure why it looked that way other than that is when the thread was started.  We had a big influx for the Pseudopod flash contest a few months back.

It is a good way to get more people to sign up for the boards. I joined during the Pseudopod contest. I had been listening to the pod casts for over a year at that point but I wanted to read, vote, and submit stories. Now I post comments for just about every story that comes out and you couldn't keep me away even if you beat me with a stick.

The fact that so many are signing up suggest the competition is going to packed full of entries this go around which is both good and bad. I have already committed in my head to commenting on every single one. We will see if I can live up to my goal if there are over 100 entries. I just hope there is a lot of originality. 

GundamCat

• Extern
Reply #544 on: August 30, 2013, 06:39:40 PM

Hello all! :) I've been a listener for a few years now, decided to finally join in the forums. Really enjoy all 3 podcasts :)

Tanya

Shawn

• Peltast
    • Circumstantially Wonderful
Reply #545 on: August 31, 2013, 04:26:30 AM
howdy,

I'm a new kid. (to the forum)

some of my most favoritest episodes are:

Article of Faith                                               Mike Resnick                  EP193
The Hastillan Weed                                 Ian Creasey                  EP210
Eugene                                                            Jacob Sager Weinstein     EP253
Soulmates                                      Mike Resnick and Lezli Robyn     EP307
Marking Time on the Far Side of Forever              DK Latta                  EP323
The Dreaming Wind                                 Jeffrey Ford                  PodCastle 54
The Fiddler of Bayou Teche                                 Delia Sherman                  PodCastle 62
Another End of the Empire                                 Tim Pratt                  PodCastle 88
Sir Hereward and Mr. Fitz Go to War Again          Garth Nix                   PodCastle 92

it's nice to meet you!
thank you for letting me be a part of this community (if a silent one)
i have really enjoyed it.

MonsieurMoustache

• Lochage
    • chantalbeaulne.com
Reply #546 on: August 31, 2013, 06:50:15 AM
Hello, Good Sir and Ladies.

I am the Monsieur. Having been off-world and dimension-jumping for sometime, I find these podcasts an excellent way to get caught up on what I've missed. There has been quite alot. Since I disdain newspapers, I'll just have to take your word for it all.

Pleasure to meet you all. My moustache, Beatrice, has run off again. If you see her lurking in the forums, please give her directions to our Chesire Cat.

Thank you,

Le Monsieur de Moustache

Karkerrumeruk

• Extern
Reply #547 on: September 04, 2013, 03:13:47 AM
I am NOT a bot.  :)

agrogan

Reply #548 on: September 05, 2013, 03:13:31 PM
Hi everyone! Looking forward to joining this group!

Saraquill

• Extern
Reply #549 on: September 07, 2013, 04:06:50 PM
Hello. I'm Saraquill, writer and overall geek who wants to keep an eye on the flash fiction contest.