Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 369922 times)

RubyGates

• Extern
Reply #550 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:10 PM
Hi new member here, still trying to find my way round this rather confusing website!

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #551 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:38 AM
Welcome RubyGates!
It's confusing on purpose, this way people who can't find what they're looking for give up and leave!

I kid, I kid.
It's really not that confusing at all:
The three podcasts each have their own section with subforums in them.
Then there's the miscellaneous stuff which is randomly distributed across a couple other sections, just to keep the spammers out. (Here's where one of the forum mods will say "No! It makes perfect sense! At least it made sense to whatsisface when he set it all up. We all sort of just ran with it".
If you came for the Podcastle flash fiction contest, then you'll find it in The Arcade section. The contest got its own subforum.

Feel free to wander around and randomly click things. Chances are that you won't break anything and you'll probably find some cool and interesting stuff.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #552 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:12 PM
Hey New Posters! This is Dave from PodCastle - hope you all enjoy the forums!

Doree

• Extern
Reply #553 on: September 11, 2013, 02:25:35 AM
Hi. I'm new, well to this forum anyway, I've been around since...Anyway, I'm a writer and I love reading the talents of other writers. Looking forward to voting and having fun. :)

GrammaHart

• Extern
Reply #554 on: September 11, 2013, 08:21:27 PM
Well. Hello everyone! I guess I've got to sit with the confuse people. I was told to come here and read to my heart's delight. I've been told by the computer gurus that I must post - so I am posting. Still confused - but posting nonetheless!

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #555 on: September 11, 2013, 08:30:00 PM
Welcome - and you should now be able to see the Podcastle contest stories, if that's what you came for!

quasidoza

• Extern
Reply #556 on: September 22, 2013, 02:34:19 PM
Hi,
Escapepod and podcastle listener as not a fan of horror (soz Alasdair).  Really posting to ensure I don't get deleted.

Rgds

Quasi

alwaysblack

• Palmer
Reply #557 on: September 24, 2013, 10:40:28 PM
Hello! Lifetime scifi/fantasy/horror fan, just discovered that listening to Escape Artists' podcasts is a fine way to make mymorning commute more bearable.

"If I asked you where the hell we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I regret it?"

Chrickette_888

• Extern
Reply #558 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:11 AM
Hi everyone!
I am new.  This site was recommended to me and I am looking forward to the variety of stories and their brief nature.  I don't often have time to read much while chasing my kids but I think I will be able to fit in these stories!  It will be great to read an entire story at once that isn't intended for a toddler ;)

alwaysblack

• Palmer
Reply #559 on: September 25, 2013, 06:16:17 AM
Hi Chrickette, you've arrived just in times!
I'm glad you've escaped from those babyish rhymes
To a place full of sci-fi and horror and high fantasy
You'll be amazed at such wonder, such cre-a-tiv-ity
I mean what I say, and I've said what I meant
You'll like being here one hundred percent!

I too have a toddler, and feel your pain! ;)

"If I asked you where the hell we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I regret it?"

jakillgo

• Extern
Reply #560 on: October 03, 2013, 04:13:57 AM
Hi everyone, new here.  ;)

ajc13

• Extern
Reply #561 on: October 14, 2013, 07:31:03 PM
As good a place as any to /first-post/ such that my identity does not get purged (hopefully).

Greetings one and all...

I may have been here before, I am not sure.  Something about the no post purge should have stuck in my head.

Now I need to go back and make sure that a reply/comment will let me stay, or if I must start a topic.  A silly distinction.  I so dislike being deleted.

Me?  40 something geek, listening for a year or three.  Needed more variety after purging a sofa from my own list.  Yes, another 'merican, I offer my apologies in advance.

Shall we carry on?

Yes, but what does that have to do with
the price of tea in D'Ni?

DAstronomer

• Extern
Reply #562 on: October 15, 2013, 02:59:52 PM
Hello world!
I'm a long-time lurker. I've been listening to Pseudopod for my entire existence as a graduate student - 2010? 2009? Time is ethereal in grad school. I also added Escapepod two years ago, and have just added PodCastle.
My moniker is straightforward - I'm an journeyman astronomer, and my nickname starts with D.
I've been a lover of the horrid and creepy ever since I was 6 or so. Like many overtired children, I thought I saw a ghost one night. Scared the bejebus out of me. It prompted me to read everything I could on the supernatural, which naturally lent itself out to horror rather quickly. However, I am a determined skeptic...the scientist in me is so very doubtful.
That being said, I still love the horror genre, the spooky variety in particular. Suspension of disbelief? You bet!
Science fiction is also one of my true loves. I can't help it - future tech is awe-inspiring, even if the closest I'll get in my lifetime are smartphones/watches and 3D printing. It's an exciting time.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:01:49 PM by DAstronomer »

corbie

• Extern
Reply #563 on: October 17, 2013, 04:08:48 AM
Been a listener for a few years (started with Psuedopod and now I'm hooked to everything) but finally decided the register. :3

ciaracat

• Extern
Reply #564 on: October 19, 2013, 02:17:06 AM
Hi! I've been listening to Escape Pod for many a year, but haven't ever made it into the forums. Thanks for the stories! :)

laurasbadideas

• Extern
  • CatsCast!
    • Unlikely Explanations
Reply #565 on: October 20, 2013, 06:49:25 AM
Hi -- just posting to prove that I'm an actual person who read the welcome message when I registered.

Lmrb19

• Extern
Reply #566 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:17 PM
Hello! I'm new. I've been an on and off listener of all of Escape Artists podcasts since 2010 when my brother introduced it all to me. I've started listening to them regularly thanks to Stitcher through the app and web.

I figured after I signed up for monthly donation that I might as well make sure my investment is doing well. ;) So I've joined the forum too.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #567 on: October 22, 2013, 06:58:29 PM
Hi to all the new folks!  It's great to see that the Metacast is having the effect of bringing people into the forums as well as the subscription button.   ;D

CamTurner

• Extern
Reply #568 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:10 PM
I'm new. I came to put voice to my support for EA following the latest 2013 Metacast. I've been listening more-or-less since the beginning. I've missed a few over the years but I'm here now.

Just subscribed for $10/mo since I've been listening for 8 years. Hopefully It's not too little to late.

Cam

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #569 on: October 23, 2013, 03:47:43 AM
Hi all, I've been listening to the various pods for more than a year and lurking on the fora for a few months. I finally registered because it seemed appropriate after the Metacast spurred me into donating.

Wondrous

• Extern
    • If this works, there is a web server on your machine
Reply #570 on: October 26, 2013, 02:08:14 AM
Never let it be said that I don't read instructions.  Well, it could be said, and it might often be true, but not this time.

medicalmusings

• Extern
    • Me on Google+
Reply #571 on: October 27, 2013, 11:26:44 PM
Well I read the instructions and am here.
I even finally got around to hitting the Paypal subscribe button - yes the guilt trip metacast worked. Been meaning to do it for ages but never got around to it. Story of my life.

Bio: Mid 50s Australian, love SciFi, absolutely passionate about space opera before it was called space opera with the occasional foray into fantasy - well dragons are cool sometimes - but wish they flew in space. Of course the Dragon riders of Pern (Space Dragons) is my favourite Fantasy.

Interestingly I never 'got' short stories. Yet I love short stories in Audio. Maybe Im just strange.

Trekker

• Extern
Reply #572 on: November 04, 2013, 09:27:15 PM
I am a bot, please don't delet.....

I mean....
I'm a real person, no doubt about it!

Glad to finally be here, long time listener, recent supporter... as someone said, hope it's not too little too late.  Love the podcasts and want to see them continue.
Much love to all that work to provide the great content I've gotten to listen to over the time I've been here.

Trekker

gunsofchekhovia

• Peltast
  • Part of an imbalanced breakfast.
Reply #573 on: November 13, 2013, 01:27:39 PM
Hello all. Long time listener (since Pseudopod 111), new supporter, and decided it was time to join the forums. I am sure this will provide many new opportunities for me to avoid writing and goof off at work. Pseudopod was my introduction to world of podcasts, and it's still my favorite... thing, pretty much.

About me... 30, from Louisiana, love horror, like SF very much, like writing when I can get up the motivation for it, like reading, and, though I never thought I would before Pseudopod, Escape Pod, and Drabblecast (is it OK to mention Drabblecast here?), like listening to other people read.

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #574 on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:48 PM
Hello all. Long time listener (since Pseudopod 111), new supporter, and decided it was time to join the forums. I am sure this will provide many new opportunities for me to avoid writing and goof off at work. Pseudopod was my introduction to world of podcasts, and it's still my favorite... thing, pretty much.

About me... 30, from Louisiana, love horror, like SF very much, like writing when I can get up the motivation for it, like reading, and, though I never thought I would before Pseudopod, Escape Pod, and Drabblecast (is it OK to mention Drabblecast here?), like listening to other people read.

Hey there, my friend! :D Allow me to welcome you to the neighborhood, although I'm pretty new 'round here as well.

And yes, you can say "Drabblecast" around here, although I don't recommend saying it 3 times into a mirror with the lights off, because, well, you know what happened last time...

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com