Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361886 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #575 on: November 14, 2013, 06:36:34 AM
They have spoken the Name.  Brethren and sistren, you know what must be done.

I'll get the logren for the bonfireren.

mscomms

• Extern
Reply #576 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:40 AM
Hi all, just found escapepod awesome

Jen

• Palmer
Reply #577 on: November 19, 2013, 11:44:40 AM
Hi there. I've been listening on and off for maybe two or three years, but I've recently become a more frequent listener due to morning traffic. I changed my job and I drive to work now (for my previous job I always took public transport), and the podcasts keep me from getting angry first thing in the morning :)

As for the personal stuff, I'm female, 29, and I'm part of the non-US contingent (Romania, to be specific). I prefer fantasy, but in terms of podcasts EscapePod is my favorite (through I listen to all three).

Rx-fire

• Extern
Reply #578 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:12 PM
Well after all these years of listening to the pods I have come to the conclusion that Escape Artists does deserve my support (money on a monthly subscription)

Keep up the good work and Have Fun

Henrix

• Extern
Reply #579 on: November 23, 2013, 06:16:44 PM
Hi there!

A long time listener - gods know how long, since there was just EscapePod at least.
And while this is not my first forum membership - my old one must have been purged or something - I am desperately trying to show that I'm a real human being. It only took me a few attempts to get the captcha right, so I must be one.

CanoeSage

• Extern
Reply #580 on: December 01, 2013, 03:21:32 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and proving that I'm not a bot. I've been listening to EscapePod and PodCastle for at least 3 years. I normally save up episodes until I'm driving to visit relatives and then marathon them on the drive.

theryanclausendotcom

• Extern
Reply #581 on: December 03, 2013, 07:04:31 PM
Hello everyone. I have been a fan of audio story telling since I first heard Inner Sanctum Mysteries on satellite radio. After I downloaded and digested the entire runs of Dimension X, X minus 1, Murder at Midnight, Hitchhikers Galaxy, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe and Rocky Fortune I still hungered for more. Luckily, I found this collection of podcasts.

I make movies when I can afford them, but it's been a while so I've been transitioning away from screenplays into short stories. As a result, I've been spending more time reading and writing than I ever have. When I'm not writing I'm usually grappling with some version of what Steven Pressfield has named resistance. If I start posting here too much, know that it is winning.

My movies are at my website. Hopefully I will have some short story links up there soon. I'm waiting to hear back on a nice little ghost story while I work on the next one.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #582 on: December 03, 2013, 07:12:48 PM
entire runs of Dimension X, X minus 1, Murder at Midnight, Hitchhikers Galaxy, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe and Rocky Fortune I still hungered for more.

Impressive list of awesome radio dramas, though I admit I'm surprised that Ruby: Galactic Gumshoe isn't included.  That was always one of my favorites - short funny episodes with great production values.

Looks like ZBS has a free sample download on their site these days too.  
Ruby ep1

Not that it's any replacement for Escape Artists, of course!

And welcome to all our recent additions to the forums, in all their non-bot captcha reading glory!

LordEvilhead

• Extern
Reply #583 on: December 03, 2013, 10:56:29 PM
Greetings!

I post here to show that I am on no account a robot of any kind. Nope.
Just a human! A filthy, filthy human...

I would further like it understood that while new to the whole experience, if not the concept, of participating in a forum I look forward to the experience!

Rival

• Extern
Reply #584 on: December 06, 2013, 11:51:08 PM
Hi everyooone. I'm a new-ish listener and subscriber, so I thought I'd see what the forums are all about! I really miss participating in active forums... it feels like an internet throwback to be on one again. Some of my best friends were made on these. (: I have nothing noteworthy to say about myself, just looking forward to participating!

carburetor

• Extern
Reply #585 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:28 PM
Ho there!

Clearly I'm new to the forums and not a robot, spambot, or other *insert prefix here*-bot. As this appears to be a general introduction thread, here I go with a general introduction.

I'm a late 20s-warily-approaching-30 computer/network/printer tech, that drives an awful lot for my job (4+ hours a day minimum), and I'm a big fan of filling that time with some good, entertaining fiction. As such I first stumbled across Pod Castle almost 2 years ago, and now I auditorially absorb all three escape artists podcasts on a regular basis.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #586 on: January 08, 2014, 06:18:05 PM
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by :)

Shnook817

• Extern
Reply #587 on: January 10, 2014, 02:56:16 AM
Hi all. Just created an account and wanted to take the opportunity to prove my humanity. If only it was so easy...

Anyway, I'm a 20-something guy from the American Midwest who's been writing and reading for years and stumbled across Pseudopod a few months ago. It's been a pleasure listening, and I figured it might be time to start participating. I'll try not to lurk for too long before I start posting. Maybe one day you'll see my name in one of the podcast show notes, listen to the words I spun and hammered and bribed into something resembling a plot, and you'll go to the discussion in the forums and you'll say to yourself "Hey, I remember that guy's first post. 'Course, that was when I knew him as Shnook."

Dreams, eh? Children of idle thoughts and all that. We'll see what happens. We'll see.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #588 on: January 13, 2014, 12:14:24 AM
Hello Shnook, you pass the Turing test as far as I'm concerned.  And hope to hear a story from you on the podcast someday!

megacartridge

• Extern
Reply #589 on: January 13, 2014, 11:47:12 PM
Hello all!

Been listening for a good while, but just now decided to sign up.

stormothecentury

• Extern
Reply #590 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:21 PM
Notabot, although I'm sure my wife wishes she could reboot my sense-of-humor matrix.

ZsaZsa

• Extern
Reply #591 on: January 19, 2014, 09:02:05 AM
Uhmm... Hi everyone? I'm ZsaZsa. The is the first time I've ever registered/joined a forum. I have no clue when it comes to something like this. I'm a bit "older", but nowhere near fossil hood! I'm addicted to f, sf, and horror podcasts. The first time I ever heard Kate Baker read ANYTHING, I knew I was fan for life! I love falling asleep at night as Alisdair Stuart sends chills down my spine, and I pull the covers up a little more tightly under my chin!

ZsaZsa

Lightly

• Extern
Reply #592 on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:26 PM
Finally coming out of lurk mode.
Hey, hi!

Started listening to Escape pod way back when Steve started it, never looked back. Never disappointed, (ok, once in a great while, somewhat unenthusiastic...)
Thanks, so much, for all the hard work, time, energy, love, that is clearly invested in this, and your sister podcasts. You make the commute far too short, and the work day interesting!
I make medieval reproduction crossbows, and I find, that sometimes when I look at a bow, I remember the story I was listening to while I made it. You give my ADD brain something to fasten on, and be fascinated and engrossed by, while my hands Make Stuff.

Now on to the forums, and be further fascinated..

Thank you, again.

Best!
Lightly

Sagitto Bis

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #593 on: January 25, 2014, 09:56:21 PM

I make medieval reproduction crossbows, and I find, that sometimes when I look at a bow, I remember the story I was listening to while I made it. You give my ADD brain something to fasten on, and be fascinated and engrossed by, while my hands Make Stuff.

That's very cool!  Is it a profession or a hobby?

I used to be in the SCA, and have quite an appreciation for medieval weaponry.  But no talent for making - well, much of anything, really.

Lightly

• Extern
Reply #594 on: January 26, 2014, 04:40:57 AM
Profession! Somewhat under half go to SCA for combat, the rest; hunters, target, tv, movies, collectors, etc. Really enjoy it.. More so, when I've got a good story to focus me along!
Best!
Lightly

Sagitto Bis

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #595 on: January 26, 2014, 12:49:32 PM
Profession! Somewhat under half go to SCA for combat, the rest; hunters, target, tv, movies, collectors, etc. Really enjoy it.. More so, when I've got a good story to focus me along!
Best!
Lightly

way cool.  welcome :)

Mike

• Extern
    • Audiobook Jungle
Reply #596 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:06 AM
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 20-something guy from Bulgaria, my name is Mikhail but that sounds very weird when English-speaking people say it, so lets settle on Mike, haha. :D

Naturally, I love sci-fi and fantasy (although recently I've been trying to read more genres and non-fiction works), listening to podcasts and especially audiobooks.

Looking forward to having some good time around the forums!

thinkulum

• Extern
    • The Thinkulum
Reply #597 on: February 12, 2014, 04:09:01 AM
Hello there!

I'm Andy, a 30-something programmer near Chicago. I've been listening to Escape Pod off and on for about 7 years and PodCastle since the beginning. Normally I let episodes accumulate and binge listen. I get all caught up and think, Now I can start commenting on current episodes on the forum! Then I put it off and get behind again. Ah well. I'm way behind at the moment, but today I decided to register anyway. Not that the episodes are linear, but skipping around messes with my sense of order.

I really appreciate Escape Artists because I rely on it for keeping up with the SFF community, and it's such a great point of contact. Occasionally I hear about problems in fandom (sexism and such), and it always surprises me because I hadn't noticed. I think it's because you guys are such a reasonable and progressive bunch. I also like browsing in bookstores and libraries and seeing authors I first heard about on Escape Artists. I almost feel like they're my friends, and I'm proud of them.

chalkonthewall

Reply #598 on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:07 PM
I think I may just join in this Hi thread. I am a newbie and would like to not get purged

naghihimutuc

• Extern
Reply #599 on: February 18, 2014, 09:35:58 AM
Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you. Listening to Pseudopod is a treat and the horror leaves me, strangely enough, a braver person. It's just that being exposed to such creativity is a really good tonic, that people can bring out such brilliant, twisting stories and tell us so much about the universe. *True things* about the universe (hah). But really, it's all awesome. I loved "Mary" (HORRIFIED by it, actually, brilliant narration, excellent story! I saved it in my hard disk but I doubt I'll be listening to that alone again) and "Abyss".

Really, just wanted to say thank you and hello.

Pyotr, from the Philippines