Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361440 times)

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #600 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
Pyotr

Thank you in return - we're always happy to have such enthusiastic and astute listeners!

Floss

• Extern
Reply #601 on: March 05, 2014, 03:24:59 AM
Hello! I'm Floss (and I'm amazed that username was available). I've been listening to Escape Pod and Podcastle since last Fall after Night Vale's popularity attracted me to the podcast genre and a friend recommended Escape Artists. There's a massive amount of episodes from both EP and PC that I haven't gotten to yet, but I love them and take a lot of walks/half hour drives, so someday, maybe....

Anyway, I just listened to Ilse, Who Saw Clearly and have to go comment on it now!

Finally joining this forum after hearing so much feedback is really thrilling. I'm happy to be here.

queene

• Extern
Reply #602 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:17 AM
Obligatory first post so my account won't be purged.

I fell in love with Psuedopod, which led to Escape Pod, and even occasional wanderings off to Podcastle.

Hello to everyone!

OneSock

• Extern
  • 1,2,4 no - 3.
Reply #603 on: March 07, 2014, 05:17:17 PM
HI !

Another newb checking in....

Just the basics - Somewhere over 40 and less than 50,   huge fan of the great naïve scifi of early days (EA VanVogt, EE Smith and the like),  but a dedicated listener of all three EA podcasts - seriously, I drive an hour and half one-way to work and again getting home,  who wants to listen to anything else ?

I finally give in to the incessant but gentle prodding of the amazing editor/hosts and am joining the forums to "enhance" the EA experience  ;D

Clearly have to work on the Avatar and stuph.   Looking forward to it !

I'm so tired of all these clowns and elephants!  Please, let's run off to an office !

peterpatter

• Extern
Reply #604 on: March 20, 2014, 12:51:59 AM
Hullo!

I encountered PodCastle several months ago, though I recall neither how nor why. I've bounced over to Escape Pod, but never stayed for a full story.

I'm enjoying the latest PodCastle updates, but I'm also working my way through the archives. I've progressed to #88 - another story by the delightfully wry Tim Pratt. I particularly enjoyed his recent Marla Mason story "Ill Met in Ulthar".

As for me - I spend my time in Indiana and Ohio. I'm studying engineering, and spend the majority of my time programming in Python, C, Fortran, and Matlab. I can play a tune or two on the piano, would love to learn the guitar, and portray a private in reenactments of the US colonial/revolutionary period on occasional weekends. I also enjoy gardening, cooking, and board gaming.

I'm looking forward to discussing stories!

Pete

DaisymaeGoGo

• Extern
Reply #605 on: March 29, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
New member, long-time Pseudopod listener. I'm posting so my profile won't be zapped into nothingness...

amylherring

• Extern
Reply #606 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
Hi,
I'm a new member and haven't been a big fan of pod casting but hope to listen more.  I have enjoyed Atlanta Radio Theater which is like pod casting on steroids (and imitating the old radio forms) so there is hope.  I looked at the ages on this forum and I think if you added several together you might approach mine.  Let's hope an old dog like me can enjoy something new.
Amy

claudiatherese

• Extern
Reply #607 on: April 17, 2014, 02:53:01 AM
Greetings, everyone. Nice to be here.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #608 on: April 17, 2014, 01:20:41 PM
I have enjoyed Atlanta Radio Theater which is like pod casting on steroids (and imitating the old radio forms) so there is hope. 
Amy

If you like old time radio format you might checkout decoder ring theater.  Enjoy your stay here. 

Nevsky Girl

• Extern
    • The Nevsky Girl
Reply #609 on: May 07, 2014, 06:34:40 PM
Whelp, hello everyone! I've never so much as used a forum, but I've been listening to Escape Pod since I was a thirteen-year-old girl riding a schoolbus in Russia (I'm twenty now), so I figured it's time to finally pay my dues, make a donation, & join the forums!
And I was told to make a post. This is my post.
Huzzah!

stephjo

• Extern
Reply #610 on: May 29, 2014, 05:13:34 AM
Hello everyone, I am Stephan. Seeing i did come introduce myself. Stopped by to say hello:)

Scott Spath

• Extern
Reply #611 on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:15 PM
Hello everyone!
I've been enjoying Escape Artist podcasts for several years now, and I've finally decided to join the forums. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say in the near future.

dccowanauthors

• Extern
Reply #612 on: July 13, 2014, 01:09:12 AM
Hello all!  It's good to be a part of the forum!  I'm looking forward to listening to the podcastle's American Thief I haven't listened to it yet.  Is there a deadline for submitting the short story?  It's not like I have any, but I would like to share it with others who might.

Thanks!

;D
fantasy fiction kingdom

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #613 on: August 04, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
OK, It only took me several days to find this thread, even though I've been passing it on just about every one of those days. What can I say? I wasn't paying attention.

I suppose it makes sense to intro myself for the benefit of those who haven't already worked it out, but I am A: Blind and B: Trans. I prefer to be called Emma, even if it isn't what's on my birth cert.

I found EA when a friend, hearing me complain about the price of Audio Books on CD, burned some episodes of Ep and PP for me a few years ago. So you see? Handing out CDs does work!

This place seemed like a lot of fun from the feedback segments on the shows, so I eventually decided to join. It's kind of cool getting to hang out with the rich & famous. Or at least, the impoverished and mildly well known in certain circles. :-*

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

jamesbroadhead

• Extern
Reply #614 on: September 09, 2014, 05:58:23 PM
Hello! Longtime listener, first time on the forums. Though that it was about time to check this out & maybe starting to read the comments

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #615 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:47 PM
Hello! Longtime listener, first time on the forums. Though that it was about time to check this out & maybe starting to read the comments

Welcome. Hope you stick around.

Bean

• Extern
Reply #616 on: November 24, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Hello out thre, I'm Bean and I'm new to the forum. Not sure I'm doing this right, but here goes anyways. I'm a blind guy in the US and have recently found out about Pseudopod and the other Escape Pod shows and absolutely love them. I say new, because I've only been listening for a couple of months and was hesitant about joining forums because they give me a lot of trouble trying to navigate them. I'm a blind guy and some websites/forums give my screenreader a lot of trouble, so hopefully I can get used to this one. Well, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #617 on: November 25, 2014, 03:26:32 AM
Hey there Bean!

Glad you feel it's worth the hassle to participate in our discussions!  And very glad you're enjoying the podcasts so much!

Looking forward to your feedback.

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #618 on: November 25, 2014, 12:51:11 PM
Hello out thre, I'm Bean and I'm new to the forum. Not sure I'm doing this right, but here goes anyways. I'm a blind guy in the US and have recently found out about Pseudopod and the other Escape Pod shows and absolutely love them. I say new, because I've only been listening for a couple of months and was hesitant about joining forums because they give me a lot of trouble trying to navigate them. I'm a blind guy and some websites/forums give my screenreader a lot of trouble, so hopefully I can get used to this one. Well, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Hey, Bean. :)

You're not the only blind member on here, because I'm blind too. I've been here since the summer and it's pretty easy to find your way about using VoiceOver on a Mac, so I imagine JAWS. Orka, Thunder etc should work fine too.

Looking forward to hearing your views and comments. ;)

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

Bean

• Extern
Reply #619 on: December 02, 2014, 02:25:10 PM
Its not too bad, just trying to find some time to get used to it is all I need and over the Thanksgiving holiday that was few and far between.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #620 on: December 02, 2014, 03:25:49 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bean!

Megaflow

• Extern
    • Megaflow Graphics
Reply #621 on: December 05, 2014, 09:23:55 PM
Hi! I've actually been registered here since 2011(!) but only did a few posts and somehow forgot to come back. But I've been a listener all along, first of the original Escape Pod and now primarily (though not exclusively) Pseudopod.

I'm a visual artist working in illustration, game animation and design, and comics (my most recent Graphic Novel, World War Kaiju, is available right now on Amazon). I also do an infrequent but long-running podcast about art called Ninja Mountain, and I work so much that I do almost all my reading in audio at the computer these days while I make pictures. So hooray for Escape Artists!

crdola11

• Extern
Reply #622 on: December 23, 2014, 06:49:19 PM
Hi all! New to this forum, but a long, long, long time fan of Pseudopod. In fact, this is how I feel when I start hearing the opening credits and Alisdair gently whispers into my ears

The worst excesses of mankind springs from the all-too-human traits of cruelty, apathy and arrogant misapplication of our own talents. The heroes who triumph in my stories are those who demonstrate the most kindness, common sense and ingenuity.

EosTwelve

• Extern
Reply #623 on: January 24, 2015, 10:51:24 PM
Hello, newbie (or noob - we'll decide later) to the forum. Have been listening to Escape Pod on and off again for about a year or so (sorry space travel plays havoc on my sense of time), but faithfully 2 - 4 episodes at night/morning for the last couple of months. At the time of writting this, I am at EP 412. My plans for the future include catching up to everyone else on Escape Pod, then working on Podcastle and Pseudopod.

By the by, does anyone have a good recommendation for an out of the way space tavern where a soul can hide out from the galactic authorities for an extended stay?

Don't worry, it was all a misunderstanding. Really it was. My crew and I didn't know that backwoods planet was off limits, and the charges of smuggling were...um...never mind that. I'm sure I can bribe my way out of that one...

Anyhoo, nice to finally stop in.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Then sit back and enjoy a tall, cool glass while you blow up your enemy's home planet...

divs

Reply #624 on: March 07, 2015, 04:06:38 AM
*waves*

Hi, I'm new here. Long time fan of science fiction in general and Escape Pod in particular. :)