Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361454 times)

shanehalbach

• Matross
  • Clockwork Lasercorn
    • shanehalbach.com
Reply #625 on: March 07, 2015, 04:16:04 AM
Hello all,

I'm Shane. New to the forums, but a long time listener to all 3 casts. I consume most of my fiction audibly (long commute).

I live in Chicago. I write, play accordion, knit, and generally waste time on the Internet. I have 2 small kids.

I had a story on Escape Pod a while back (ep 399: My Heart is a Quadratic Equation), and something forthcoming Pseudopod.

Glad to finally jump into the fray!

TroyLWiggins

• Extern
    • Afro-relevant Fantasy Fiction
Reply #626 on: March 11, 2015, 12:59:28 AM
Hi all! I'm Troy.

I write, I blog, I collect designer sneakers from Asia. Currently back in my hometown of Memphis, TN after spending two years in South Korea. I have a wife-type spouse and two tiny dogs named after soul singers.

I'm a longtime fan of science fiction but a recent subscriber to Escape Pod. Glad to be here.

Troy L. Wiggins
twitter: @TroyLWiggins
blog: https://afrofantasy.wordpress.com/

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #627 on: March 11, 2015, 01:50:24 PM
Hello hello hello Divs, Shane, and Troy! Very happy to have you all in this neck of the woods :)

Ames

• Extern
Reply #628 on: April 09, 2015, 12:00:48 PM
Hi,

I've been a listener for a few years but never worked up the courage to check out the forums. So um, hi :)

Evy

• Extern
Reply #629 on: May 21, 2015, 02:12:13 PM
Hi, all. I'm new to the forums but not new to Escape Artists. I've been a listener of all three 'casts for many years. I live in Atlanta, love cats, and I'm married to Fenrix. I'm also a proofreader for Lightspeed Magazine and Nightmare Magazine. My hobbies include reading, playing video games, and destroying typos.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #630 on: May 21, 2015, 11:09:14 PM
Hi,

I've been a listener for a few years but never worked up the courage to check out the forums. So um, hi :)

Hi Ames!! Welcome to the forums. Hope you find something to like. Let us know if you have any questions.

otter

• Palmer
Reply #631 on: June 12, 2015, 04:12:53 PM
I was told to post here so that you know I am not a bot.
I am not a bot.  Totally not a bot.  Yup, that's me, 100% human.  
A+++ would pass Turing test again.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:23:38 PM by otter »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #632 on: June 12, 2015, 04:26:57 PM
I was told to post here so that you know I am not a bot.
I am not a bot.  Totally not a bot.  Yup, that's me, 100% human.  
A+++ would pass Turing test again.

You do appear to be a small mischievous mammal though. That's almost as bad. You'll steal all our trinkets and eat all the fish in the pond.

But I guess you can stay anyway :P

Evy

• Extern
Reply #633 on: June 12, 2015, 06:32:03 PM
Be warned! I have known this otter for many years, and she is definitely mischievous! Hide your shinies!

the-c-monster

• Extern
Reply #634 on: June 15, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Greetings! Long-time Pseudopod listener, first-time forum writer here. Thrilled to get to hang out in the living room of this fabulously deranged family of horror- & sf-lovers.

Dalassa

• Extern
Reply #635 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:33 AM
Posting because I was told I should to avoid getting this account cleaned out as a spambot. I can state with a 95% confidence that I am not a bot. Also hello.

triccardi

• Extern
Reply #636 on: July 21, 2015, 01:17:33 PM
First thing I want to say is that I usually.. usually don't go to forums and post things like introductions. Because I have had first hand experiences with posting to said forums which were populated with trolls... and I wanted to set the trolls aflame... with white phosphorous. But as I have been listening to Pseudopod for more than a year and I am currently on episode 369 I was like.. what the hell.. Alasdair sounds like a great guy and why would he steer me wrong.

So firstly hello! Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of... wait.. no.. (shuts off the Rolling Stones)

My name is Thomas Riccardi and I was originally born and raised on the east coast (born in Manhattan, raised in East Brunswick , NJ and then settled in for the long haul in Staten Island , NY... the forgotten borough.. hmm.. should do a story about that.) I have been into horror, sci fi, fantasy ever since I was a little kid when I went to the theater to see Buck Rogers in the 25th century.... and it had a trailer.. for Dawn of the Dead.

Since then I have moved to California, then to Nevada (where I worked for a small company you might have heard of called Westwood Studios and I have my name on three of the games I helped beta test.. yep... I got paid to play video games.. not as cool as it sounds tho). I am currently living in Sacramento, CA where I write for websites and magazines (currently have a review published in Games Trade Magazine about the new Mars Attacks miniatures game) and when I can find the time I also write fiction (but I haven't had anything published.... yet).

Anyway that's me so .. hi! :)

LeeForman

• Extern
    • Lee A. Forman's Website
Reply #637 on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:40 PM
Greetings! I'm Lee A. Forman, a horror author from the Hudson Valley, NY. I've written numerous short stories and am currently writing a web series as well as a novel. A friend recommended this site and told me about the upcoming contest, so I signed up and here I am. Podcasts are a new thing to me, but since I've discovered how good they can be I've been thoroughly enjoying the ones I've heard thus far. I may or may not write something for the upcoming contest as I have so many other deadlines to meet at the moment, but if not I'd love to submit something in the future.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #638 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:29 PM
I may or may not write something for the upcoming contest as I have so many other deadlines to meet at the moment, but if not I'd love to submit something in the future.

Welcome! The contest is a lot of fun and the instant feedback you get on a story is always helpful.  I of course highly suggest entering if you can, but it's definitely understandable if you can't make it this time around.  You are also always welcome to submit a story to the general submissions area!

I have had first hand experiences with posting to said forums which were populated with trolls...

We have this wonderful thing here called our One Rule (to rule them all) and we really, REALLY don't put up with trolls here.  No apologies.  You should find these forums to be a really nice place to hang out!

And welcome everyone else who will inevitably be flooding in for the contest!  If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to message me on here, or e-mail brian@escapeartists.net, or post in a thread in the Flash Contest IV section of these forums.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #639 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:29 PM
Greetings! I'm Lee A. Forman, a horror author from the Hudson Valley, NY. I've written numerous short stories and am currently writing a web series as well as a novel. A friend recommended this site and told me about the upcoming contest, so I signed up and here I am. Podcasts are a new thing to me, but since I've discovered how good they can be I've been thoroughly enjoying the ones I've heard thus far. I may or may not write something for the upcoming contest as I have so many other deadlines to meet at the moment, but if not I'd love to submit something in the future.

You've got two months. I have faith in you.

Contest info is here: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=8576.0

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

YeahShaking

• Extern
Reply #640 on: July 23, 2015, 07:59:46 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Nick, and I started listening to Pseudopod a month or two back. I decided it would be good to get on the forums, interact a bit! I love horror, sci fi, fantasy, video games, tv, the standard nerd collection of exciting interests. I'm hoping to write a few short stories here, and maybe make a few friends.

GreySkies

• Palmer
Reply #641 on: July 27, 2015, 12:57:25 PM
Hello, I'm new, too. Just joined so I can (maybe?) enter the Flash Fiction contest.

Longtime listener to Psuedopod and Pod Castle, and lifelong fan of books/movies/TV shows/podcasts in the sf/f/h genres. Also a writer, with only a sliver of time to write these days.

-GreySkies

Reckoner67

• Extern
Reply #642 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:28 AM
Hey all, I'm Chris, and I'm posting primarily to prove that I'm not a robot. I haven't participated in many forums/groups in a while, though just glancing around, I think I may lose time time here.

I write a bit of horror in my spare time, and Pseudopod has told me many stories while at work. I love what they do!

And finally, here comes the mild identity-crisis--I really, really hope I'm not a robot. Dang.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #643 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
Welcome to all newcomers. Always great to see new faces around.

Creation Eater

• Extern
Reply #644 on: August 03, 2015, 05:17:21 PM

Flaxinwaxin

• Extern
Reply #645 on: August 05, 2015, 01:18:30 AM
Just sayin' hi, and that I'm a big podcast nut.

Leonego99

• Extern
Reply #646 on: August 09, 2015, 11:51:20 PM
My name is Donald. Longtime (though occasional) listener to the podcasts, just joining the forums.

Hello all!

Pauleration

• Palmer
Reply #647 on: August 11, 2015, 01:01:57 PM
Hello folks. I've just signed up to the board after listening to Pseudopod and Escape Pod for five years. I've got a couple of stories in the works - I'm sure plenty of other people have around here - and I'm taking some time out to write properly for the first time in way too long.

Naturally this means I'm really looking forward to procrastinating with you all on here. :)

starktheground

• Peltast
  • "Use your inside voice"
Reply #648 on: August 11, 2015, 02:28:34 PM
Hi.  :) My name is Angela and I'm very excited to participate in the flash contest--because I'm the type of person who gets excited over horror and writing contests. . . and zucchini bread. . . and puzzles.

So, hello!

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #649 on: August 13, 2015, 06:11:32 PM
How about one for old listeners?  I had to go away for a while, but I'm back.  Kind of curious to see who's still around from the olden days.