Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 219539 times)

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Re: New Member/Listeners
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2008, 05:04:01 AM »
Curse you, Fox!!  Curse you, death of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Russell Nash

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
That was just about the most complete introduction I've ever read. 

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »
We're all growed up!   :D

Speak for yourself! ;P
How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Drabbler

• Extern
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »
I am new to podcasts and found this one through Drabblecast.  This is AWESOME!  I have loved science fiction for a long time and think it is so great to see such discussion going on and a community like this.  After listening checking out the metacast it looks like a good time to start listening to Escapepod.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 05:11:13 AM »
I am new to podcasts and found this one through Drabblecast.  This is AWESOME!  I have loved science fiction for a long time and think it is so great to see such discussion going on and a community like this.  After listening checking out the metacast it looks like a good time to start listening to Escapepod.

It's always a good time to start listening to Escapepod!  Welcome, and start listening all you like.  :)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 11:15:04 AM »

Good to have you here!

bad_andy

• Palmer
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »
Curse you, Fox!!  Curse you, death of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks for the link TAD. I had no idea that what I was doing obsessively from age 3 to 6 was called "Dino Therapy".

That was just about the most complete introduction I've ever read. 

Too much? Sorry. [Simpsons reference] I'm just so happy to see so many nice people.[/Simpsons reference]  ;)

Welcome Drabbler!

BTW, speaking of great geek podcasts, have any of you checked out Tank Riot?

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
BTW, speaking of great geek podcasts, have any of you checked out Tank Riot?
Tank Riot?
What's it about?

bad_andy

• Palmer
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
Tank Riot?
What's it about?
http://www.tankriot.com/ Tank Riot is three industrial strength geeks from Minneapolis sitting around a microphone and talking about something really interesting. Each episode covers a different subject. The two episodes I've listened to covered the life and works of Douglas Adams and Nicola Tesla, respectively. I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes. The episode about Stanley Kubrick is in my playlist right now. The archives apparently include everything from Philip K Dick to the Year in Music to Star Trek Fan Films to Political History.

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »
Hi.  My name's Boggled Coriander.  At least, that's what it says on my birth certificate.  I discovered Escape Pod late last year, and discovered these forums two weeks ago.  And registered today.

My hobbies include listening to Pseudopod archives, now that I've finished the Escape Pod archives and I have to wait for new episodes every week like everybody else.  Once I'm done with Pseudopod I plan to move on to the Drabblecast archives, and who knows where I'll go from there.  I really like the whole "fiction podcast" idea.
"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
Hi.  My name's Boggled Coriander.  At least, that's what it says on my birth certificate.  I discovered Escape Pod late last year, and discovered these forums two weeks ago.  And registered today.

My hobbies include listening to Pseudopod archives, now that I've finished the Escape Pod archives and I have to wait for new episodes every week like everybody else.  Once I'm done with Pseudopod I plan to move on to the Drabblecast archives, and who knows where I'll go from there.  I really like the whole "fiction podcast" idea.
Welcome Bog! May I call you bog?
As you aren't swamped with podcasts, may I suggest The Voice Of Free Planet X (planetx.libsyn.com), and Decoder Ring Theater (decoderring.libsyn.com)?

Russell Nash

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »

As you aren't swamped with podcasts, may I suggest The Voice Of Free Planet X (planetx.libsyn.com), and Decoder Ring Theater (decoderring.libsyn.com)?

Decoder Ring Theater is a must listen, but I dropped Planet X after he went to the everyday podcast.  It seemed that he didn't care what he was 'casting as long as he got something out.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »

Now, that's just not called for!  He didn't cumin here to have you make fun of his name, you know.  I don't want to chive you for something I've done myself, but there was no need for you to pepper him with those kinds of puns.  And it's such a stretch, pinching out the first syllable like that.  You won't curry any favor by ignoring the other key ingredients of his identity.

Sheesh... someone ought to punch your cardamom for you.

(Hope I don't sound like a nutmeg.)

Russell Nash

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2008, 02:55:45 AM »
Quote from: Tango Alpha Delta link=topic=76.msg22646#

You usually do.

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2008, 11:08:16 PM »
My eyes somehow consistently skipped over this thread for weeks (I just joined the forums about three weeks ago). Anyway, I can't remember exactly when I started listening to EP, but it was sometime last year, I think. I don't (or haven't started) listening to PP, just 'cause... well, I really don't have a valid reason, other than I just never considered horror as "my thing" (though I have read a few books, and I enjoy the occasional horror flick). I should try it out. I'm really looking forward to PC. I generally describe my tastes in the F/SF arena as I enjoy to reading fantasy and watching sci-fi. Admittedly, I haven't read that many of the "greats" in sci-fi, and that's partly because the few sci-fi books I read were written by the definitely-not-greats, so that probably negatively colored my opnion of it. I loved Dune, however, so much so, in fact, that I would credit Herbert as being an influence on my writing style. Oh, I have read a Heinlein book or two (The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress and Stranger in a Strange Land). I remember enjoying them, but wasn't blown away.

I'm 37, married to a wonderful woman, have one precious son (19 months old) and a precious dog, too (our first "child"). I'm from Mississippi, a Mac guy, a Christian, and I love games (of all kinds: board, video, card, etc.).

BTW, I've very recently and inexplicably gotten my interest in D&D reignited (was it Gygax's death?), but I have no one here that I know of to get involved in a game. Any NE MS RPGers here? Feel free to send me a PM.

(too much information?)
<edit: couldn't remember the 2nd Heinlein book; Thanks Winter>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 01:18:20 PM by birdless »

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
Now, that's just not called for!  He didn't cumin here to have you make fun of his name, you know.  I don't want to chive you for something I've done myself, but there was no need for you to pepper him with those kinds of puns.  And it's such a stretch, pinching out the first syllable like that.  You won't curry any favor by ignoring the other key ingredients of his identity.

Gaah!  The evil I unleashed.  Some sage advice beforehand and I could have prevented such punnery... this thyme.
"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2008, 11:37:02 AM »

Gaah!  The evil I unleashed.  Some sage advice beforehand and I could have prevented such punnery... this thyme.
Don't let TAD rub you the wrong way, he isn't trying to pestle you.

Sentient puddle

• Extern
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »
Hello to all the other fans of Escape Pod out there, I'm new to this forum and thought I'd come on in with a big smile and hand-shakes all around for those who share my passion for good stories, as well as a well deserved tip of my hat to our Captain Steve (as I've heard him referred to many times). I travel for work and actually look forward to those 4 and 5 hour drives with my iPod nestled in the center console with Escape Pod burbling through the car speakers, expanding my world one story at a time.

I have been considering donating to Escape Pod and I think I will, especially after hearing what Steve is giving of himself so that I can have my free download (Metacast #3). My suggestion is that if you enjoy the stories every week end have the resources so should you.

Thanks again Steve and I look forward to seeing all of you on the forums.

(for more info on my forum name go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams#Sentient_puddle )

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

I thought about this exchange the whole time I was listening to EP150.  So, yes, my brain is a punishment that fits its own crimes.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »

I thought about this exchange the whole time I was listening to EP150.  So, yes, my brain is a punishment that fits its own crimes.
Lucky you. Now Geronamid won't have to intervene.