Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361672 times)

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #100 on: April 16, 2008, 04:17:48 AM
a moderator had better either split this off or steer it back into the right direction

Don't mean to boar you, but you missed one.  :P

I am glad you caught it and that no one had a cow over it.  I did hesitate to horn in but...

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #101 on: April 16, 2008, 04:25:06 AM
a moderator had better either split this off or steer it back into the right direction

I am glad you caught it and that no one had a cow over it.  I did hesitate to horn in but...

Ahem.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #102 on: April 16, 2008, 04:27:29 AM

Ahem.

sorry got confused with 3 of these going on at once lol my bad

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

Russell Nash

Reply #103 on: April 16, 2008, 09:57:27 AM

I gnu you wouldn't leave it alone.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #104 on: April 17, 2008, 01:58:08 AM

I'm not trying to truffle you; I'm just a fungi...

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

goatkeeper

Reply #105 on: April 18, 2008, 09:29:30 PM
Once I'm done with Pseudopod I plan to move on to the Drabblecast archives, and who knows where I'll go from there.  I really like the whole "fiction podcast" idea.

Ooo, skip the archives my friend.  Hop in at about 16,17 or 18 and above

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #106 on: April 18, 2008, 11:30:45 PM
Once I'm done with Pseudopod I plan to move on to the Drabblecast archives, and who knows where I'll go from there.  I really like the whole "fiction podcast" idea.

Ooo, skip the archives my friend.  Hop in at about 16,17 or 18 and above

Are you talking about 16< on PP or on DC, goatkeeper?  (I'm working my way backward through both, so this if FMI.)

goatkeeper

Reply #107 on: April 19, 2008, 01:42:19 AM
DC.  Earlier than that the production gets pretty terrible and most aspects of things have a very "finding yourself" feel.  There are a few decent stories if you can get past a really bad audio setup.

On the other hand, I think some of PP's best stuff was in the beginning- so you have that to look forward to at least.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:59:07 AM by goatkeeper »

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #108 on: April 19, 2008, 04:51:11 AM
Are you talking about 16< on PP or on DC, goatkeeper?  (I'm working my way backward through both, so this if FMI.)
I can't say this enough: PP Episode 9 "Counting From Ten"

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #109 on: April 19, 2008, 11:56:17 AM
DC.  Earlier than that the production gets pretty terrible and most aspects of things have a very "finding yourself" feel.  There are a few decent stories if you can get past a really bad audio setup.

On the other hand, I think some of PP's best stuff was in the beginning- so you have that to look forward to at least.

...or to look "backward" to!

Thanks for the clarification... I've got a ways to go before I have to decide. 

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #110 on: April 19, 2008, 11:59:21 AM
I can't say this enough: PP Episode 9 "Counting From Ten"

Or how about "Lisa, lisa, lisa!" (aka episode 15)? That's one of my favorites.  Mur outdid herself on that particular reading.

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

Mojo

• Extern
Reply #111 on: April 19, 2008, 04:32:58 PM

Puns are the highest form of humor that those of low intellect can command.  I take pride in them.  :P

I am very new here, having just discovered the site last week.  I am in my late 50's, currently living in Texas.  I am a Test Development Engineer currently writing the software to test the bleeding edge of routing hardware.  (Cisco's CRS-1 products)  I've been working on various Cisco products for the last 9 years, but only in Texas for the last two.  I don't know quite why it took me so long to move here.  After living in New Hampshire for the previous 16 years, my greatest triumph was the sale of my snow blower when I left. 

Escape Pod is wonderful.  I am currently attempting to catch up on the podcasts.  A daunting task, indeed.  I just finished EP054.  I've ordered the CD's.  I have a 57 mile commute, so "Thank you, Steve, for keeping the roadways in the Austin area safe by distracting my attention during the ride."  It's hard to succumb to road rage when you're smiling at the episode you're listening to.

Bob

P.S. I have to ask.  Steve, how did you know my name was Bob?

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job.
It's a depression when you lose yours.
     -- Harry Truman

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #112 on: April 20, 2008, 07:41:09 PM
Hey there Mojo, my fellow Cisco geek.  I used to work for that outfit back in the 90's, and now I make network automation software.

somacow

• Extern
    • SomaCow
Reply #113 on: April 25, 2008, 06:04:29 PM
Hello. My name is Geoff, and I live and work in Orlando, FL.

Just wanted to thank Stephfven and his team for providing me whole days of good quality listening material. Please keep doing what it is that you are doing, and the check is in the mail.

Thanks!

cuddlebug

• Peltast
Reply #114 on: April 25, 2008, 06:43:30 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently been recruited/converted/brainwashed (?) into listening to EP and PP and now have started listening to PC on my own, … yes … apparently, I am still able to select my entertainment independently. But maybe there should be some kind of bonus system for recruiting new listeners?

Have to admit I am obviously very easily persuaded, even becoming a member in the forum as well, am normally extremely sceptical when it comes to forums. My impression/stereotype of forums was always a rather negative one and I viewed forum users as pretentious smarta**es who can’t find anything better to do than pick on each other and show off the size of their brains (almost sounds like the plot for an EP/PP story, doesn’t it?). Well, this forum seems to be the exception and I am looking forward to reading/browsing through more of the different threads.

And Escape Artists, Inc. - I am very impressed by the work you do, the variety of stories which always give food for thought. Thank you for enriching my SF experience. Seems like a long way to go from Stanislaw Lem (he was my first at the age of 10, in case you care to know). I will feed the pod soon, promise, thanks to Steve’s persuasive talents. Looking forward to my next “storytime”.

*cuddlebug*

Ciel

• Extern
Reply #115 on: April 25, 2008, 08:23:34 PM

Puns are the highest form of humor that those of low intellect can command.  I take pride in them.  :P 

Puns are bad, but poetry is much verse.  :P

Wow.  Perfect way to start off my first post here

Now that I begin to think about it, I've been wandering all three podcasts for a very long time (around Christmas time I believe).  Mostly I've kept close to Escape Pod since that's sort of been my thing, but I've recently branched out towards Pseudopod and found it to be disturbingly entertaining.  Pod Castle is also off too a great start as well.

I guess I could say that I'm an eager writer, although it really depends on what you define as "writer".  I haven't sat down to write stories, mostly random pieces of ideas.  However, I really wish to create something from one of the podcasts.  If that seems like forced optimism, then you're kind of right.  I'm kinda critical about the types of things I print out and I'm never really too sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Probably a little bit of both.  Hopefully the Escape Artists forums will help me if only just a little, since none of you appear to be (beg pardon) "pretentious smarta**es who can’t find anything better to do than pick on each other and show off the size of their brains" as cuddlebug puts it.

Hoping to show off some off my wares very soon!

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #116 on: April 26, 2008, 01:57:10 PM

Puns are bad, but poetry is much verse.  :P

Wow.  Perfect way to start off my first post here

Ha!  Egg-cellent, Smithers!  Welcome to all from this Pretentious Dumb@$$!  (Did I mention my enormous brain yet?  No?  Well... it's enormous.  Like a big, grey cauliflower. ;))

So, cuddlebug, who will you be blaming for getting you hooked on all this madness, then?

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #117 on: April 26, 2008, 07:34:03 PM
Ha!  Egg-cellent, Smithers!
TAD you are  a real crackup you know that?

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #118 on: April 26, 2008, 08:42:30 PM

I do love a good yolk....

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
Reply #119 on: April 27, 2008, 12:15:56 AM

Yep. Any time a thread gets in a rut you mange to pullet out.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #120 on: April 27, 2008, 06:11:17 AM

I am scrambling to keep up with you here

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #121 on: April 27, 2008, 07:10:45 AM
The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic--their irises are one yard high. And they are watching you.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
Reply #122 on: April 27, 2008, 08:54:52 AM
The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic--their irises are one yard high. And they are watching you.
????

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
Reply #123 on: April 27, 2008, 12:23:06 PM
????
"The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic-their retinas are one yard high. They look out of no face but, instead, from a pair of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose." This is a quote from Nick Carraway, the central figure of the story and the voice of Jay Gatsby. Dr. Eckelburg is introduced at this point. He takes on an image of a human figure, which he is characterized as at many times throughout the novel, and that of a Godlike figure."
He means to say "Knock it off, there's a thread for that nonsense."

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #124 on: April 27, 2008, 02:37:40 PM
????
"The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic-their retinas are one yard high. They look out of no face but, instead, from a pair of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose." This is a quote from Nick Carraway, the central figure of the story and the voice of Jay Gatsby. Dr. Eckelburg is introduced at this point. He takes on an image of a human figure, which he is characterized as at many times throughout the novel, and that of a Godlike figure."
He means to say "Knock it off, there's a thread for that nonsense."

Ah, we're just trying to help the new folks come out of their shell... 

Oops.  Sorry, Dr. Eckleburg.  I try to resist the urge, really I do... but we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the puns.