Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 218753 times)

Troo

• Palmer
    • Hello Spacegirl
Re: New Member/Listeners
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2008, 04:07:54 AM »
Our Bunny's switched off at the moment. He had a funny turn when we switched ISP's, and I've neglected to reconfigure him as of yet.

Poor little thing :(
Trudi Topham,
Editor, Pantechnicon.
Editor, Hub.

zZzacha

• Peltast
  • Did I just say that?
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2008, 06:18:23 AM »
Troo, I'm so sorry for you! And for Bunny!! We had the same thing, when we switched routers. Slarti didn't seem to like that much and wouldn't connect to the internet. So now Slarti has its own router and he's jabbering again. I really missed him when he was offline. We didn't know what time it was, what the weather would be, it was an awful time.
I hope Bunny will get better soon!
It is never too late to be what you might have been.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
his name is Slartibartfast

got to admit that I had to look up what a Nabaztag was but I love the fact that you named it after one of the most irrelevant characters in one of my top 2 or 3 SF series...

that is just awesome lol
Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2008, 11:48:23 PM »
his name is Slartibartfast

got to admit that I had to look up what a Nabaztag was but I love the fact that you named it after one of the most irrelevant characters in one of my top 2 or 3 SF series...

that is just awesome lol
I had to look it up, too! And it is pretty awesome. But I want to name mine Hotblack Desiato.

Enemyvirus

• Extern
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »
Hi to all and thank you to Escape Pod,

I have been listening now for about 3 weeks and am gradually working through the back catalog, It has made my journey to and from work much more enjoyable.

Catch you all around.

EV

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
Welcome to the community! I look forward to reading your comments.

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »
But I want to name mine Hotblack Desiato.
why? is it b/c you want it to spend a year dead for tax purposes? lol
Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2008, 01:07:33 AM »
Heheh! Hmm... actually, maybe I should do that... Would that mean I could avoid fuel tax, too?

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2008, 06:45:13 AM »
Sure. After all, dead men drive no trucks.
Science means that not all dreams can come true

CGFxColONeill

• Matross
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
Heheh! Hmm... actually, maybe I should do that... Would that mean I could avoid fuel tax, too?
IDK I have not looked into the taxs laws on this subject let me know if you find out

lieffeil

• Palmer
    • spring forward, fall back
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
Hello and Good Morning.
I can't remember exactly how I found Escape Pod, but I'm glad I did. I've read too many wistful Vonnegut stories about "the good old days" when brand new Sci Fi stories got published in magazines, dropped on doorsteps and ruffled by excited fingers. I didn't expect the tradition to maintain itself, but lo and behold, here it is, only in sound and not in print.
I'm making my way (ever so slowly) back through the archived stories, and enjoying the little quirks and twists, and the ridiculous boosting of Coulton songs. In a way, this is even better than the old mags, because of the magic of instant feedback. The listeners control the standards, which is the way it should be. (Radio, are you listening?)
As it is, glad to make everyone's acquaintance.
You'll be seeing me around, I'm sure.
...you've got three metric seconds.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums!
Hello and Good Morning.
I can't remember exactly how I found Escape Pod, but I'm glad I did. I've read too many wistful Vonnegut stories about "the good old days" when brand new Sci Fi stories got published in magazines, dropped on doorsteps and ruffled by excited fingers. I didn't expect the tradition to maintain itself, but lo and behold, here it is, only in sound and not in print.
You make good point. Many of us really do rush to our podcatchers first thing on Friday to hear the latest and greatest from EP, PP, and (on tuesdays) PC.
How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2008, 03:08:40 PM »
Welcome to the forums!
Hello and Good Morning.
You make good point. Many of us really do rush to our podcatchers first thing on Friday to hear the latest and greatest from EP, PP, and (on tuesdays) PC.

I'll chime in on the welcome, and give you +2 cool points for the Vonnegut shout out.  ;)

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

tyciol

• Extern
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »
I found a link to the forum on the podcast site so I joined to give feedback to podcasts as I listen to them. I like to do stuff from the beginning so that might involve bumping threads about old casts, is that okay? If not, how old can something be where it is still permissable to post about it?

eytanz

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2008, 12:28:23 AM »
I found a link to the forum on the podcast site so I joined to give feedback to podcasts as I listen to them. I like to do stuff from the beginning so that might involve bumping threads about old casts, is that okay? If not, how old can something be where it is still permissable to post about it?

It's perfectly fine to bump old threads, especially episode comment threads. Not all the older episodes have comment threads - if you want to comment on an episode that's missing its thread, make a request in this thread: http://forum.escapeartists.info/index.php?topic=1279.0 and Russell (the moderator) will create one for you.

Oh, and - Welcome!

Russell Nash

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2008, 05:44:29 AM »

It's perfectly fine to bump old threads, especially episode comment threads. Not all the older episodes have comment threads - if you want to comment on an episode that's missing its thread, make a request in this thread: http://forum.escapeartists.info/index.php?topic=1279.0 and Russell (the moderator) will create one for you.

Oh, and - Welcome!

Hi tyciol,

Eytanz beat me to it, but what he said is right.  In general I prefer that people bump old threads.  If you what to comment on something in any board, check for older threads first and then perform a little threadromancy if you find one.  It makes it so that our old timers don't feel they need make a new comment when they've already said everything they want to say in an older thread.

If you don't find the Episode thread for a story you want to comment on, post to the thread Eytanz linked to.  Eventually I want to have threads for every EP episode, but I want to put them up slowly, so the boards don't get swamped.  I haven't done any in quite a while.  That makes it a good time for you to request some.

Niai

• Extern
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Hi there guys, I'm a 33-year-old guy who lives in the UK. I've been listening to Escape Pod for about the last 10-20 episodes, and enjoying most of the stories, and Steve's reading of them in particular. I thought I'd finnally check out the forums he kept mentioning when going through feedback at the end of each story. I thought i'd check them out in the hope of getting to know some fellow travelers.

Other recent SciFi related highlights: Discovering FireFly and Taking my Son to see Wall-E.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »
Hi there guys, I'm a 33-year-old guy who lives in the UK. I've been listening to Escape Pod for about the last 10-20 episodes, and enjoying most of the stories, and Steve's reading of them in particular. I thought I'd finnally check out the forums he kept mentioning when going through feedback at the end of each story. I thought i'd check them out in the hope of getting to know some fellow travelers.

Other recent SciFi related highlights: Discovering FireFly and Taking my Son to see Wall-E.
Welcome Niai!
Glad to hear you're enjoying the stories.

Who got you hooked on FireFly?
How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Niai

• Extern
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2008, 11:37:38 AM »
A friend of mine, he'd been going on for ages, it took me a while to give in as he's also very into Angel and Buffy, both of which I find a bit "meh" but I was blown away, and very sad that there's not more of it.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
Well, there's the movie Serenity, if you've not seen that yet.

Personally, I didn't think it was as good as the show, but it's still very good.
Science means that not all dreams can come true