Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361453 times)

herbapet

• Extern
Reply #325 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:49 PM
Saying hi.  Just started listening to this podcast about an hour ago.  Awesome, totally a fan.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #326 on: January 25, 2012, 05:24:35 PM
Hello and welcome Herbapet. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Rocket2411

• Extern
Reply #327 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:47 AM
Okay... I'm guessing Reply means the same as  Post... so here goes.
 Nice to be here. I'm a writer SF/Fantasy/one zombie script/Twilight Zone style stuff... and love the whole audiobook/radio play idea. It's great for lounging around or as a change of pace when I'm working on The House (like I am today). I guess I'll figure out all the icons and do-dads later.

I have one story I'd like to send you but I don't know if it would be horror/scifi/fantasy. Modern day-fellow in a cult that uses swords-alternate death experience. Give me a clue and I'll submit it.

BTW I'm really enjoying both the stories and the reading. I just got done with Marking Time on the Farside of Forever... a great story. See y'all around the boards.

Rocket

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #328 on: February 11, 2012, 01:52:34 AM
Okay... I'm guessing Reply means the same as  Post... so here goes.
 Nice to be here. I'm a writer SF/Fantasy/one zombie script/Twilight Zone style stuff... and love the whole audiobook/radio play idea. It's great for lounging around or as a change of pace when I'm working on The House (like I am today). I guess I'll figure out all the icons and do-dads later.

I have one story I'd like to send you but I don't know if it would be horror/scifi/fantasy. Modern day-fellow in a cult that uses swords-alternate death experience. Give me a clue and I'll submit it.

BTW I'm really enjoying both the stories and the reading. I just got done with Marking Time on the Farside of Forever... a great story. See y'all around the boards.

Rocket

Welcome Rocket :) RE: your story - if the swords operate via magic, it'd probably be either horror or fantasy. There are actually plenty of stories that could have run on either PseudoPod or PodCastle. Whether it qualifies are more fantastic vs. more scary is a call you'll have to make. That's my opinion anyway. :)

indiecowgirl

• Palmer
Reply #329 on: February 11, 2012, 02:02:58 AM
Howdy!
I have been a long time listener and love all three of the podcasts, but I just started in the forum last month so I thought I should say Hi.

brimstoner

• Extern
Reply #330 on: February 20, 2012, 04:21:36 PM
Hello all. First Time poster, long time listener. I have been listening to Pseudo-pod and Escape Pod for 3 or 4 years now and finally decided to make an account here on the forums. The primary reason was Pseudo-pod has been carrying me very heavily over the last several weeks. I have a new job with a very long commute and it keeps me sane (or insane depending on the story). And finally after listening as much as I have been, Alasdair's pleadings finally got through and I donated a President Grant to the cause. Anyway good stories, great way to pass a long commute. Thanks for keeping me mired in stories ;D.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #331 on: February 20, 2012, 04:27:10 PM
Welcome Indiecowgirl and Brimstoner, glad to have you guys around (and thanks for the support!).

ishish

• Extern
Reply #332 on: February 20, 2012, 05:42:14 PM
New to the 'Pod - long time reader of Orrin Grey, very much enjoy listening to his works here! The voice for "Black Hill" was very different from what I had imagined, but still well-done.

jessejoe

• Palmer
  • Glutton for punishment.
Reply #333 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:16 AM
Greetings folks. I am a newish forum member (as opposed to lurker). Which is to say, this is my first post. I am also Pseudopod's mostly newly minted slusher.

I, errrm....  I am called jessejoe on here because that is what I'm called in many places around the internet. It's also my name. Good parents this one had.

I got signed up for slushering by Alex, who I know in real life. I presume he got signed up by Ben, who we both knew in another life not so many long years ago.

And, I consented to be signed up because I feared running out of creepypasta on the internet. No, really.

In real life I work for a huge corporation in a server farm. This takes too much time, so I'll probably post here relatively infrequently.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #334 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:40 PM
Welcome, jessejoe and ishish! Hope you both enjoy the lovely view from the PP towers at night!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #335 on: February 22, 2012, 08:40:11 PM
Don't stand too close to the guardrail on the balcony.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #336 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #337 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:13 AM
Fen -- again, you've tapped into my brain. Can you stop doing that? kthxbai. :)

L.G.Vazquez

• Extern
  • Don't panic.
Reply #338 on: March 03, 2012, 11:39:56 PM
Been listening for a long time, and have decided to get more 'connected' so to speak. I've enjoyed a lot of science fiction audiobooks and reading lots of SF over the past couple of years. My favorites are The Hitchhiker's Guide (still have to finish the last book) and the Callahan Chronicles.

My favorite stories are time travel stories, and I hope to some day write GOOD science fiction, including time travel.

Right now I'm listening to Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and I'm immersed in 80s geek nostalgia. I was a kid in the 80s, so this novel is really speaking to me.

t: @luisishere

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #339 on: March 04, 2012, 03:22:02 AM
Welcome L.G.!  I also love Hitchhiker's (and have read the last book, which I loved as well!)  Enjoy the forums!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #340 on: March 04, 2012, 01:06:31 PM
Hi new forumites!

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #341 on: March 04, 2012, 02:17:04 PM
Hi new forumites!
That always brings to mind images of some kind of cave-dwelling bio-luminescent fungus.
In a good way. :D

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

L.G.Vazquez

• Extern
  • Don't panic.
Reply #342 on: March 06, 2012, 02:42:35 AM
Welcome L.G.!  I also love Hitchhiker's (and have read the last book, which I loved as well!)  Enjoy the forums!

Thanks! Yeah, I can't wait to finish the last book. I got the 'Ultimate' Hitchhiker's Guide for Christmas, so I can't wait.

t: @luisishere

MadJester

• Extern
Reply #343 on: March 10, 2012, 05:08:17 AM
Long Time Listener, First Time Poster!  ;)

I found you guys while searching for some Sci-Fi audio fiction to listen to at work, and boy did you deliver! I have been methodically listening to all the back episodes of all three casts, and after 6 months, am completely through the full backlog and caught up to date! My only complaint is that I now have to wait a week for a new episode.  :D

I'll throw some dough your way on the next check to feed the writers. (and the servers); and I'll be posting feedback on the next story episodes.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #344 on: March 10, 2012, 05:17:27 AM
Welcome MadJester, glad to have you on board. :)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #345 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:28 PM
Hi new forumites!
That always brings to mind images of some kind of cave-dwelling bio-luminescent fungus.

that inspired me to do an image search for "cave-dwelling bio-luminescent fungus"   ;D

this was one of the results:

cool.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #346 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:07 PM
Hi new forumites!

that inspired me to do an image search for "cave-dwelling bio-luminescent fungus"   ;D

this was one of the results:

cool.

Wow. Research can be so much fun!   :D

patriciomas

• Extern
Reply #347 on: March 13, 2012, 07:27:29 PM
Hi! I discovered Pseudopod a month or so ago and have filled my idle time with stories from all three podcasts since then. Thanks for the pods!

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #348 on: March 13, 2012, 08:19:50 PM
Welcome, patriciomas! Glad you're enjoying EA :)

ballerin

• Extern
Reply #349 on: March 20, 2012, 03:26:23 PM
Hello, I'm a french ballet dancer. I work now as a street (escape) artist. I'm happy to share my experiences and pics on this forum.