Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 370223 times)

Interstella5555

• Extern
Reply #350 on: March 29, 2012, 03:01:19 PM
Hi folks

Posting in from the west of Scotland, been listening to escape pod since about ep 270-ish ;D and thought it was about time I joined the forums, and I suppose while Im at it I should start listening to Podcastle and Psuedopod as well  :D

Btw, you're all more than welcome to follow me on twitter @McCroriebooks (if its permitted)

see you out there...

Modern day Renaissance man!

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #351 on: March 29, 2012, 03:21:09 PM
Welcome aboard, Interstella :)

Lab Tinnion

• Extern
  • Unintentionally Superior
Reply #352 on: April 01, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
Hello to all from the mountains of far northern California.  I can't believe I've only just discovered this great site. Now I have someplace to go to get my regular "fix." Thanks for being here.  8)

-->Lab Tinnion

Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.~~Isaac Asimov

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #353 on: April 01, 2012, 05:45:24 PM
welcome Lab!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

DavidTMoore

• Extern
Reply #354 on: April 02, 2012, 09:16:59 AM
Hello all,

I'm David Moore. I was the reader on Pseudopod #275, "Wailing Well."

Pleasure.

David

stampguy19

• Extern
Reply #355 on: April 03, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
Greetings from Western New York:

I am a long-time listener and donate every month.  EP is the best thing for the long, snowy commutes I often make.

I am also known for bringing my (in)famous Spam dip to parties.

Keep up the good work.

Stampguy19

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #356 on: April 03, 2012, 06:27:06 PM
Welcome to the forums, David and Stampguy :)

Yaekmon

• Extern
Reply #357 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:17 AM
Greetings from the eldritch realm of Melbourne, Australia.

I'm a long-time listener, first time harbinger.

Love all the shows, especially Pseudopod.
I guess I just have a dark imagination.

Cheers,
Jacob

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #358 on: April 08, 2012, 08:42:38 AM
Hello Jacob! Melbourne is not so unknown to me, mainly because I live there! VERY good to see another from my hometown on the forums. Welcome! Be well!

AnIngrownHair

• Extern
Reply #359 on: April 23, 2012, 03:08:07 PM
Long time listener, first time poster....

animaguy

• Extern
Reply #360 on: April 24, 2012, 07:27:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I think I started listening sometime around Thanksgiving of last year. I have been listening off and on since then. Mainly Escape Pod. Some of my favorites are "A Taste of Time", "Jaiden's Weaver", "The Goldwater Dime". I study animation. I listen to many short story websites and I seem to connect with Escape Pod the most. I have been reading the posts and I find the conversations here just as stimulating as the short stories. I hope to make friends. :)

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #361 on: May 02, 2012, 03:54:48 AM
Hello everyone! I'm happy to be here, and I've been meaning to drop by here for some time.

The problem is, I found EscapePod just last month ... then I downloaded everything in the podcast RSS. Naturally, I haven't stopped repeatedly listening to each episode since. Just now, I was trying to activate the new/old digital-analog converter I got for my ancient TV, and failed, and when I came to my computer for the first time in a month or two, I decided to come here!

I'm glad I did. Be warned, I may be annoying.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #362 on: May 02, 2012, 04:00:08 AM
Welcome newcomers. Always cool to have new people dropping in to join the discussion :)

THX0785

• Extern
Reply #363 on: May 02, 2012, 05:57:08 PM
Hey everyone! I am a new member! I have been listening to the podcast for over a year, but have finally decided to check out the forums. I think I first entered the speculative fiction podcast community by finding the Drabblecast. That lead to many more, and this is one of my favorites. Thanks for making the show.

If it's not EPIC, it's not worth doing.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
Reply #364 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:10 AM
Hey everyone! I am a new member! I have been listening to the podcast for over a year, but have finally decided to check out the forums. I think I first entered the speculative fiction podcast community by finding the Drabblecast. That lead to many more, and this is one of my favorites. Thanks for making the show.

I popped up here through EscapePod!

countblackula

• Palmer
    • Portfolio
Reply #365 on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:23 PM
Okay, I'm not technically new, but I sorta am.

My name's Dom. I draw pictures and like reading scary stuff. I read Aaron Ashley Garrison's piece in episode 255: http://pseudopod.org/2011/11/11/pseudopod-255-flash-on-the-borderlands-ix-its-war/

I plan on reading more if I can get the chance. It's great to meet you all!

Narrator for Escape Pod, Pseudopod, and Podcastle. Check out my YouTube channel here

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #366 on: May 04, 2012, 04:09:39 PM
Rock on, new listeners!

And Dom - thanks for putting a user icon to go with the voice  :)

schizoTypal

• Palmer
Reply #367 on: May 05, 2012, 05:06:39 PM
Okay, I'm not technically new, but I sorta am.

My name's Dom. I draw pictures and like reading scary stuff. I read Aaron Ashley Garrison's piece in episode 255: http://pseudopod.org/2011/11/11/pseudopod-255-flash-on-the-borderlands-ix-its-war/

I plan on reading more if I can get the chance. It's great to meet you all!

Welcome! I assume you've been lurking a while?

Ascii King

• Extern
  • Readin', Writin' and Rithmatikin'
    • The Artists Hub
Reply #368 on: May 07, 2012, 11:13:12 PM
Howdy Y'all. I am brand new and hoping to submit some stories here. I only just found this site and signed up, so I'm afraid I don't know any of the protocols or rules other than don't be offensive. I'm hoping to submit some stories and get some feedback.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
Reply #369 on: May 08, 2012, 02:44:05 AM
Howdy Y'all. I am brand new and hoping to submit some stories here. I only just found this site and signed up, so I'm afraid I don't know any of the protocols or rules other than don't be offensive. I'm hoping to submit some stories and get some feedback.

I, for one, am already interested to read your stories! :) Welcome to the forum.

The Font Snob

• Extern
Reply #370 on: May 12, 2012, 10:52:19 PM
Greetings, programs!

The feedback shared in the episodes always sounds like a conversation I wish I'd been a part of, so this was the obvious solution.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
Reply #371 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:09 AM
It certainly is!

HailToTheChimp

• Extern
    • Mindpish - mein Tumblr
Reply #372 on: May 16, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
Hello podcats!

Escape pod was the very first thing I ever listened to on my now long-defunct iPod, and having returned to listening to all the Escape artist podcasts on a regular basis (praise be to the mindless data entry job) I thought it might be a good idea to get active on here.

Looking forward to some good discussion, hopefully it'll encourage me to complete some short stories of my own.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #373 on: May 16, 2012, 11:39:26 PM
(praise be to the mindless data entry job)

*narrows eyes*

are you me? :P

Welcome!

TheFunkeyGibbon

• Palmer
Reply #374 on: June 10, 2012, 04:47:09 PM
Hi, I've been listening to all three Escape Artists podcasts for a while and have been meaning to post some feedback I just never got around to it. Finally, I've pulled my finger out and here I am!  ;D