Author Topic: The Podcastle shall not fall!  (Read 4120 times)

Oren

• Extern
on: October 19, 2013, 11:42:04 PM
By now we've all heard about Escape Artists financial difficulties. If there was ever a time for Lord of the Rings metaphors, it is now.

The Podcastle is under siege! The hordes of bankruptcy scrabble at its gates and threaten to silence those stories which shine through our mp3 players every week. The Escape Artist beacons are lit, the call for aid is sent. Only we listeners can marshal the forces of light keep this bastion of storytelling flying high. I say, in my best epic fantasy voice, you have my credit card!

Windup

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:47:57 AM

"There may come a day when the bank accounts of listeners fail, when we forsake our 'casts and abandon all bonds of online community, but it is not this day!"

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:26:26 AM
The rock and pool / Is nice and cool, so juicy-sweet! / Our only wish / To catch a fish, so juicy-sweet!

Wait, I may be doing this wrong.

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:01:57 PM
The rock and pool / Is nice and cool, so juicy-sweet! / Our only wish / To catch a fish, so juicy-sweet!

Wait, I may be doing this wrong.

It's okay. Keep trying. Someday you'll be a real boy. =p

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:18:27 PM
Just to say: This makes me very, very happy  :D  Thanks!

cybe

• Extern
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:37 PM
My very first post is to let the Escape Pod world know that I found setting up my regular donation a wonderful thing.  Hope you join and keep this great podcast going.

-cybe

Trekker

• Extern
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:56 PM
 :-[
Been listening for awhile, just got around to donating.  I wish I'd done so earlier, I feel so guilty.
Love you guys and feel much better now that I'm supporting something I've enjoyed so much and has kept my sanity during long hours at work.

Trekker