Author Topic: I cannot access back episodes past a certain point  (Read 5409 times)

Bionicgeek

• Extern
on: December 01, 2013, 05:03:15 AM
I typically use iTunes to download EscapePod and Pseudopod and have lately felt a hankering to dig through past episodes... The difficulty is that appear to only be able to download from episode 368 (Springtime for Deathtraps) onward and in the case of EscapePod I can only download episodes after "Pseduopod 315: Bad Company".  Is there a way I can download some of the back episodes before the aforementioned episodes so I can get my escape artist fix while I am eagerly awaiting the next installments?  I've listened to all of the episodes which have come after 368 and 315, and would love to listen to some of the earlier episodes.

Thanks for your time and incredible hard work.  Also, Alasdair Stuart, you have the voice of a god.  And by god, I mean comparable to the sheer aural enjoyment I derive from listening to individuals such as Morgan Freeman and the late Christopher Hitchens.

Yours Faithfully,
The Bionicgeek

eytanz

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:36:33 AM
This is a limitation of iTunes, not something done by the podcasts; it can only go 100 entries back in a feed (this is less than 100 actual episodes because the feed has some other stuff on it). All the episodes of all the EA podcasts are available for manual download on the podcast websites. But my understanding is there's nothing EA can do to make older episodes available on iTunes.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 01:32:56 PM
I thought we had torrents available?  Maybe not?

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 02:56:43 PM
I don't think there have really been torrents since the demise of Demonoid.  >:(  That is at least where I used to find them.  Due to hard drive crashes I no longer have all of my old episodes to try to put them up somewhere.

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
I can't tell if the feed is truncated by Libsyn or PowerPress, but whichever it is, it's for the reasons mentioned above. Most pod catchers only read feeds up to a certain size, so even if the feed was complete, you probably wouldn't be able to access all of it.

There are archive disks available for purchase. When Paul gets past his busy time, I'll bother him again to set up an account so I can put all of the episodes on badcamp for a very low price (like $2 for 30 episodes). And all of the episodes are still available for free through the sites.

Bionicgeek

• Extern
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:41:17 PM
Thank you all very much.  That helps my understanding a great deal.  I think I let my frustration with iTune 11's setup tick me off a bit too much.  Also, Lowky, I too regret the demise of demonoid, though there is an attempted successor that is up and running.  Unfortunately, its database of torrents is much smaller.

Bionicgeek

• Extern
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:32:00 PM
There are archive disks available for purchase. When Paul gets past his busy time, I'll bother him again to set up an account so I can put all of the episodes on badcamp for a very low price (like $2 for 30 episodes). And all of the episodes are still available for free through the sites.

I'd buy all of these!  They'd look so pretty next to my plush portal turret and it's pet felt chomp-chomp. ;-D