Author Topic: Shards of Honor  (Read 2678 times)

Jompier

• Palmer
  • From a galaxy far, far on the East Coast.
on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:55 PM
The book has been on my "to read" list for a while. I'm about 70 pages - I found the first 20 pages to be pretty gripping but the budding romance that has been developing for the past 50 pages is starting to wear on my patience. What should I expect from this book. Are we going to be getting back to planetary exploration and discovery or am I headed into territory of candlelit dinners and conversations about deep personal feelings?

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:56:54 AM
Firelit dinners while they watch out for critters, and some deep conversations, but also political exploration and discovery of intrigue, lots more action, adventure, dealing with moral ambiguity and tough choices, and getting to know some fascinating characters. This is one of my favorite books.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:56:44 AM
The book has been on my "to read" list for a while. I'm about 70 pages - I found the first 20 pages to be pretty gripping but the budding romance that has been developing for the past 50 pages is starting to wear on my patience. What should I expect from this book.

You won't ever really get back to planetary exploration, but you will get into some political intrigue and occasional adventure.

But if you're not enjoying Shards, you may want to skip ahead in the series, and try The Warrior's Apprentice. It's a bit of a spoiler for Shards and its sequel, but if you like that one enough to go on through the rest of the Vorkosigan books, you won't likely feel like you missed much.

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!