Author Topic: Which Star Wars Stamp  (Read 6565 times)

Russell Nash

on: April 24, 2007, 08:30:48 AM
That's right. The USPS is going to have a Star Wars stamp. Which one do you think they should make??

Go here to see the choices and to vote.

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:37 AM
As of Monday morning. Yoda is in the lead, but I'm leaning towards the Falcon.

Jim

• HP Lovecraft's 275,892nd biggest fan.
  • Matross
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:27:55 PM
I think there ought to be a stamp that reads, in plain, bold letters, "I'm really, really sorry. -- George Lucas"

That stamp I would buy.

My imaginary omnipotent friend is more real that your imaginary omnipotent friend.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 03:57:16 PM
Han Solo and the wookie got my vote.  But really, any of them would be cool.  Even if they are going to 41 cents.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 04:41:31 PM
I voted for Darth, though it was tough between Him, Yoda, and the Emperor.  The xwing of all things is leading today.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:52 PM
I just walked passed one of the R2D2 boxes the other day in Union Station, I'll post my (bad) cell phone pictures at some point.

I like the look of the X-Wing most graphically, though I'd vote for the Falcon if they'd used the New Hope still when it pops out of hyperspace right in time to save Luke (and the galaxy).

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:52:23 PM
Here goes nothing.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 06:58:06 AM
I'd vote for the Falcon if they'd used the New Hope still when it pops out of hyperspace right in time to save Luke (and the galaxy).

I always thought he was just flying out of the glare of the local star, just like how fighter pilots did it  here before fighters had radar.

Zathras

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 03:14:55 PM
I think there ought to be a stamp that reads, in plain, bold letters, "I'm really, really sorry. -- George Lucas"

That stamp I would buy.

The image behind the letters could be Jar Jar Binks.  Or you could put the letters under the Darth Maul image. 

I'm voting Emperor.