Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 32723 times)

Zathras

Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 03:33:23 AM
I think an evening with some good beer and Alasdair, Gelee, stePH and Zathras would be quite entertaining.  Well, to some, at least.

I'm up for it if the rest of you are  :)

Fargo, Atlanta, Oregon (?), Isle of Man and Somewhere at a Truckstop.  It might have to be a spicy meeting.   :P

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 04:43:02 PM
I think an evening with some good beer and Alasdair, Gelee, stePH and Zathras would be quite entertaining.  Well, to some, at least.

so awesome, the only problem would be not acting like a spazz in front of all my "cool" geek friends

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 08:10:04 PM
I have a phobia of Alisdair Stuart.

But Raving_Lunatic, you don't understand!  The posts...they're coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Excellent. I got the reference, that was lovely.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
raving: but did you get it based on the or the classic reference?  I'm honestly curious- since my initial reaction to the whole "the calls are coming from inside the house" is actually based on campfire stories my dad'd tell me to creep me out when I was young and we'd go out to the woods.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.

Zathras

Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:39 PM
dad'd tell 

HA@!  I'm not the only one who contracts would.  I get made fun of because of things like "wouldn't've"

My Dune reference in this thread must have been too obscure.   :'(

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 08:20:29 PM
Z- I contract all sorts of words. I am free and easy with the language- and have been asked "exactly where are you from" based on my accent and bad slang more often then I'd like to admit. Also though I may have caught that it was a reference- and then had an ah hah moment after it was revealed most Dune references would be lost on me- for one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:22:06 PM by MacArthurBug »

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:50 AM
What DOES bug me, though, is the feel of fabric (especially linens) running across my teeth.  I had the edge of a pillowcase graze my open mouth once, and it freaked me out.  Just remembering it as I type this sends a shiver...  :o
I hate the thought of biting wool, like when I use to pull my wet mittens off with my teeth. I can actually do it easily enough, but the thought of it how it feels bugs me. Any other fabric, I'm fine.

I'm not really afraid of anything with a phobia-like intensity, but even thinking about paper cuts gives me that freaky taste/feeling under my tongue that you get when you're really disturbed by something.
You had then better avoid watching "Swimming With Sharks", starring Kevin Spacey as a Boss From Hell. (my favourite role of his)

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 10:52:03 AM
HA@!  I'm not the only one who contracts would.  I get made fun of because of things like "wouldn't've"

Thank you for not writing it as "wouldn't of". It drives me crazy when people do that. End-of-civilization-as-we-know-it and all that.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")