Author Topic: Seeking vintage Escape Pod story comment  (Read 3363 times)

Toasty_Ohs

• Extern
on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:43 PM
I am on the hunt for an early Escape Pod story comment.  It was included at the end of the episode, much like the feedback section now.

I am guessing it was within the first 100 or so episodes.

From what I can remember, it goes like this:

This story was like a chicken.  Something about cooking it, then, something like I don't have time to build a fire before it goes.

I never saw this comment in any sort of print, only heard it at the end of an episode.

I remember at the time, it really resonated with me, and I had it written down on a piece of paper stuck up beside my monitor.  That paper is now long gone. 

If someone could point me in the right direction on this, that would be great.

Thanks.

thinkulum

• Extern
    • The Thinkulum
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:59:22 PM
I happened to hear the answer just now while I was looking for the answer to my own question. :D Steve reads the comment on EP109: Squonk the Apprentice at 39:39, and it's about EP106: The House Beyond Your Sky. And here's the comment itself!

Toasty_Ohs

• Extern
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:02:54 PM
Thank you so very much!

I am familiar with Nobilis through his work on the Metamore City podcast.

Very intense stuff, not something that I can listen to with kids in the car like I can with EscapePod and PodCastle.

thinkulum

• Extern
    • The Thinkulum
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:12:48 PM
Interesting. I like the idea of that podcast. I'll have to check it out. Also I noticed Steve mentioned his comments a lot in the feedback segments back then.