Author Topic: PC297: The Tower Of The Elephant (Featuring Conan The Barbarian)  (Read 13623 times)

bounceswoosh

• Matross
Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 07:21:36 PM
Heard it and loved it!

TrishEM

• Matross
I, too, noticed and loved the reading of the comment! I actually cheered when I realized it was being read ... in that perfect voice for it, too!

albionmoonlight

• Matross
Late to the party here, but I wanted to comment on the awesome narration.

It has to be a bit daunting when you see a character introduced as not built for human speech--and then notice that he ends up giving pages of exposition.  Thought that it was handled very well.

Marsman1

• Extern
I love all the Conan stories that are published here. I think this one was fantastic and fun. We get to see Conan before he was the conquerer or a King. Anyway loved the ending even if it reminded me of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Wait a minute, that was the whole fun about it.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
For Conan Fans:  "Cimmeria: From the Journal of Imaginary Anthropology" by  Theodora Goss
http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/fiction/cimmeria-journal-imaginary-anthropology/

It's a modern-day Cimmeria, so the story does not actually contain Conan--I don't think it even mentions him come to think of it.  Nonetheless.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Huh. I will have to check this out. Thanks, Unblinking :)

Dwango

• Matross
I am just catching up on my PodCastle episodes.  I LOVE when you guys run a Conan because you do it so well.

Soooo.... Please, Please, Please consider running another in the future.

I would run them like Disney did with the old Mickey Mouses, pointing out the bad points and explaining the era they came from.  There are a lot of creative imaginings in Robert E. Howard stories that really establish the genre and are worth the read, despite the obvious issues.

Anyway, Great Read!

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 09:01:11 PM
Fun episode. Excellent reading.