Author Topic: No new EscapePod episode for the week?  (Read 5003 times)

Asomatous

• Palmer
  • Uniformity≠equality
on: February 10, 2014, 06:46:15 AM
I have been a long time listener to Escape Pod but noticed there was not an episode posted for last week. Were there technical issues? Some of us are addicted and go through withdrawal.  ;)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:37:29 PM
There was the server issue that lasted most of last week into late Saturday. There were spots in the narration that I wanted to get fixed, and Norm had some troubles (I believe at least somewhat weather-related, though I haven't talked to him about it specifically) getting me his part for that episode as well. Then, by the time I had everything, it was Sunday afternoon and that's about the worst time for me to work on an episode because I have things to do and it leads into Monday where my two jobs keep me busy from early morning to 11PM. I got done what I could last night, but there is more yet. I will wrap it up tonight if I can and get it posted very late, but much more likely it will post Tuesday evening.

For all of this, you have my sincere apologies. Trust me, every time this show posts a minute later than normal, whether it's my fault or not I'm quite unhappy.

The good news is that you will get two episodes this week and that the second will post on time without incident because this weekend's my birthday and I'm not letting this overshadow my opportunity for gluttony. ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:36:55 PM by matweller »

Jompier

• Palmer
  • From a galaxy far, far on the East Coast.
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:27 PM
There was the server issue that lasted most of last week into late Saturday. There were spots in the narration that I wanted to get fixed, and Norm had some troubles (I believe at least somewhat weather-related, though I haven't talked to him about it specifically) getting me his part for that episode as well. Then, but the time I had everything, it was Sunday afternoon and that's about the worst time for me to work on an episode because I have things to do and it leads into Monday where my two jobs keep me busy from early morning to 11PM. I got done what I could last night, but there is more yet. I will wrap it up tonight if I can and get it posted very late, but much more likely it will post Tuesday evening.

For all of this, you have my sincere apologies. Trust me, every time this show posts a minute later than normal, whether it's my fault or not I'm quite unhappy.

The good news is that you will get two episodes this week and that the second will post on time without incident because this weekend's my birthday and I'm not letting this overshadow my opportunity for gluttony. ;)

I catch little hints now and then in the intros and outros about how busy y'all are. So, let me express my gratitude for the work you put in this podcast. And YAY for two episodes!

Asomatous

• Palmer
  • Uniformity≠equality
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:06:21 AM
Please don't mistake my inquiry for ingratitude. I very much appreciate all that is done to feed my addiction. You are the best group of enablers for which an addict could wish. The crew is so consistent that I have deepened my dependency greatly. Thank you so much!!!

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 03:19:48 PM
Nonononono -- nothing like that, I was just explaining the situation. Trust me, there's no guilt trip anybody here could try to lay on that would be worse than my inward-directed frustration. Consistent deadline is probably the second most important ingredient to a podcast's success (content being number one, and technical quality being a far distant third), so I avoid delays at any cost.