Author Topic: Pseudopod 319: Cell Call  (Read 19980 times)

DruidPrince

• Extern
Reply #50 on: April 24, 2013, 04:18:59 AM
OUTSTANDING! As I read though the very interesting comments on this story, a few have given the similarities to the Twilight Zone and Tales from the Darkside and I strongly concur! Just a good old fashioned "what the heck", "ooooh that could be me", "my imagination is much more dangerous than anything presented in my face" horror story!

For the record I got the instant feeling he was dead. Perhaps his wife finding his "wrecked" car would have been more direct...but that was my initial reaction. For a short while I toyed with the "alternate dimension/time flux/a hungry evil witch in a cabin in the woods pulled him here" idea(s). But my overall reaction was that he was gone...and she was just finding out as she found his car.

Listened while driving at night, on my way back from work. Spooky as hell! Completely identified with the driver. Excellent story, fantastic read (nicely done Mr. Narrator!), LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!

Please sir my I have some more....like this one?

The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.
-Blaise Pascal

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #51 on: December 22, 2019, 05:32:12 PM
I'm definitely in the "he's dead" camp.

With this guy's luck his wife will probably have a heart attack when she sees his corpse and he'll spend eternity listening to "Well, I never got stuck in Purgatory when I was married to my first husband!"