Escape Artists
May 25, 2019, 07:16:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read stories and vote in Podcastle Flash Fiction contest! New groups appear every other day.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pseudopod 275: Wailing Well  (Read 6854 times)
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »

Ooh, MR James podcast!  Is it like the HPL Literary Podcast (which I really liked except when they kept staunchly insisting that he totes wasn't racist because they liked his writing)?

Very similar in structure, and the gents who started it up nodded to the HPLLP folks as inspiration. Definitely worth a listen.

I don't recall the HPLLP folks being apologists for the racism. They did gloss past it in a bunch of places, because there are only so many times you can discuss the topic without it becoming tedious and make people switch off the podcast. If you want to listen to the flogging episodes, I'm pretty sure they gave Red Hook and The Street the rough treatment they deserve.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:38:49 PM by Fenrix » Logged

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”
Scattercat
Caution:
Hipparch

Amateur wordsmith

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »

There were several episodes (especially when whatshisface, Joshi, was on) where they went around reassuring each other that he really wasn't that bad and he was getting better toward the end of his life, wasn't he? oh, surely he was, and maybe he'd have been fine by the time he was an old man if only he hadn't died and etc.  Not like "Opie and Anthony just tell it like it is!" levels, but definitely "Dudes, seriously, the man was crazy racist, even for his time and place, just own it and move on."

As I said, I enjoyed that show a lot and listened to the whole thing. :-)

---
Mirrorshards: Very Short Stories
100 Words.  No more.  No fewer.  Every day.
Splinters of Silver and Glass - The Mirrorshards Book
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: