Author Topic: Escape Pod/Pseudopod/Podcastle complilation DVDs out of date  (Read 4761 times)

Chairman Goodchild

• Peltast
This concerns all three podcasts, so I'll just leave this here.  Late last year, Escape Artists was having financial difficulties, so I chipped in by buying all three compilation disks: Escape Pod, Pseudopod, and Podcastle.  I have no problem with the DVDs.  They're fine. 

However, all three podcast DVDs are completely out of date, by between four and five years.  Even the Drabblecast DVD is the same.  I'm nearly finished with the Pseudopod DVD, and it only goes up to August 2009.  All three podcasts are around 200 episodes out of date.  I'd really love to see them updated.  I'd pay for that. 

I think it would stimulate sales if Escape Artists would update the DVDs, and I don't think it would take that much effort either.  And if they do, I'll be first in line to buy the updated versions.

Arri

• Extern
  • just making way
Hi Chairman,
Funny that I don't make it into the Forums hardly at all but the one time in like, -ever that I do, this is the first message I see.
Everything you said, absolutely true and I agree fully. This all has been on my todo list for a loong time.
I'm not going to give you a litany of why things are the way they are but I will say that I poured everything into a project for over a year and then the result made 2013 out to be a crushing year.
So, all that said, I am currently trying to gather the ducks to bring all the Pod Disc offerings back to where no one has a complaint. It is a bit more work than it would appear to be but we'll get there eventually.
I'm with you. Having a good catalog surely would stimulate more interest overall.
Thanks for the comment!
Arri

cheers

BoojumsRCool

• Palmer
    • The Boojum
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:26:43 PM
I add my thanks, great tool! ;D

Boojums ARE cool!

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57:27 PM
You know, I was just trying to budget some funds for this, and it occurs to me that we're approaching the decadal anniversary of Escape Artists founding...would it be spoiling a surprise to ask about a possible commemorative set?

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:59:57 PM
Great things are afoot. News soon:)

Chairman Goodchild

• Peltast
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
I have one complaint about the DVDs.  The numbering system for the files with all three podcasts was jumbled up.  I have many podcasts I download and listen to, and when I downloaded the archives, I had to search around for the next podcast often, not sure if I was at fault for not downloading the episode or if the DVD was for weird numbering.  So if you make a new podcast DVD collection, please make sure to keep all of the numbering consistent.