Author Topic: adamantium VS dwarf bread  (Read 5655 times)

Jax

• Extern
on: July 09, 2014, 06:58:42 PM
Hi Guys, knowing the high level of SciFi and Fantasy connoisseurs I'm hoping you can help

A little 4 year old lad wants to know if Adamantium could cut through Dwarf Bread (if they existed in the same universe)...

I don't know what type of Dwarf Bread (I was basing on Discworld) but I'm hoping to get clarification.

What do you think?

(Also how awesome is it that a kid is asking this at 4?  ;D )

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:05:31 PM
I think that is one of those unanswerable questions.  Or one that can only be answered by finding both dwarf bread and adamantium and trying it out, preferably with repeated tests by independent researchers that are verified independently.

I would lean toward adamantium winning.  Or maybe both the adamantium and the dwarf bread would remain whole.

(The kid sounds awesome--clearly has been raised well)

Jax

• Extern
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:06:19 AM
Thanks, general opinion across serval discussions has been that adamantium wins :-D

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:33:52 PM
As a bit more evidence, I think that dwarf bread is technically edible, if only technically, while adamantium once hardened from liquid alloy during the construction process is supposed to be indestructible (although I found a reference to it being penetrated by bullets made of adamantium but that doesn't enter into this debate).  :)

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:56:31 PM
My brains in vapour lock here. I know Adamantium, but for the life of me, I'm having trouble pinning down the right universe. A little help please?

Also, the Dwarf Bread side of the equation would depend on what sort of Dwarf Bread it was. Battle Bread is, I gather, somewhat harder than the normal sort. Although it crumbles to dust after a few hundred years.

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:21:26 PM
It's from Marvel Comics - though they stole the term from the movie Forbidden Planet.

Anyway, it's the stuff that Wolverine's claws are made out of, and also the robot Ultron, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:49:40 PM
Ah-ha.. That's why I was having trouble. I was never huge on comics, just the odd one now and again.

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 05:31:09 PM
And Captain America's shield is made of an Adamantium / Vibranium alloy.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 07:07:25 PM
Wolverine is vulnerable to Magneto's powers.  Dwarf Bread is not.

So, to answer a question that nobody asked, if you're attacking Magneto you should fight using Dwarf Bread.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
Thanks, general opinion across serval discussions has been that adamantium wins :-D

Servals are cute (they are kitties, after all) but what they have to do with adamantium or Dwarf bread is beyond me.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Jax

• Extern
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:02 AM

Servals are cute (they are kitties, after all) but what they have to do with adamantium or Dwarf bread is beyond me.

Thanks for the sarcastic and unnecessary comment.  Apologies that my dyslexia and needing to post quickly from a phone offended your grammar nazi sensibilities. Hope you enjoyed your moment of feeling superior.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

Thanks for the sarcastic and unnecessary comment.  Apologies that my dyslexia and needing to post quickly from a phone offended your grammar nazi sensibilities. Hope you enjoyed your moment of feeling superior.

I don't think stePH meant any insult, truly. I think he was just being playful, like a serval kitten. Please don't be offended.