Author Topic: Complete collection of Escape Pod MP3s available for download!  (Read 8610 times)

RepHenryClay

• Extern
Hi guys!

https://archive.org/details/EscapePodCompleteMP3Collection

Basically, I ran some Linux terminal commands and I now have every(?) publicly available Escape Pod episode.  This way listeners can download everything from one page instead of having to navigate to over 400 pages and individually download each file.  Lots of people are sketched out by torrents so IMHO this is much better and it can also be updated to add additional MP3s in the future. 

Please let me know if I am missing any episodes as I will be sure to add them!  I am confident that I have every episode from 1-453, but there may be others outside of the normal sequence that I missed.  I hope y'all find this useful! :)

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Since this forum platform does not have a "like" button:

LIKE!!! ;D

(Of course, you realize the next question will be, "What about Pseudo & PodCastle?")
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:54:57 PM by Tango Alpha Delta »

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Rep already did PseudoPod.  :)

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Many, many thanks again, Rep!! :D :D :D It took my computer an entire day, but the archive is miiiiiiine now! I am too excited for words.

And I'll second a request that you might do Podcastle next, whenever you have the time and inclination, assuming we're not trying your patience. :) I'm feeling the urge to roll around in a mountain of vintage Escape Artists...

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

RepHenryClay

• Extern
Awesome!  I'm glad you guys can make use of it!  :)

I'll do the same for Pod Castle when I finish listening to all of these Escape Pod episodes!

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Rep already did PseudoPod.  :)
Awesome! I'll go a-hunting for that next!

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Holy cow!  Here I was getting all uppity about not getting more premium-content... and such silliness.  Thanks, eh.  ESCAPEPOD and PSEUDOPOD.  Please, consider consolidating PODCASTLE too.  Cheers, from Toronto (Ontario).

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Crixus

• Extern
Thank you so much, this has made my day.  :)

I do have some constructive criticism for the torrent creator though..

Noticing the torrent download near the bottom of the list, and being a supporter of the bit-torrent format it was my preferred choice for download.
I really appreciate all the effort but I found the torrent to be very inefficient.

Firstly the DL is chock full of padding files (OVER a GIG worth!!!)
Secondly it would make a lot more sense to provide 2 separate downloads, one for mp3's and another for .ogg files. To save us DL'ing everything twice.
In essence, what I am getting at is that the size of the torrent is more than twice that which it needs to be, and deselecting all of the files that aren't needed took a surprisingly long time

Still, this is the most awesome thing I have stumbled on in a while and I am very grateful to everyone involved (including anyone who donates time or money to keep the stories flowing and get them to my ears)
Thank you

RepHenryClay

• Extern
What exactly do you mean by padding?  I assume you're referring to the metacasts, reviews, etc?  I left those in because it is not my call to decide if they are worthwhile.  I don't want to piss off EA staff by removing any of their hard work. :)

Up until you mentioned it I hadn't even noticed there were .ogg files too!  archive.org generated those automatically somehow.  Are you forced to download both at the same time?  Can you not torrent only MP3 or only OGG?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Secondly it would make a lot more sense to provide 2 separate downloads, one for mp3's and another for .ogg files. To save us DL'ing everything twice.

There are two separate download links (at least as of this moment, I don't know if RepHenryClay changed anything).

Actually three separate download links, on the lefthand side of the page with different options for download.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:33:58 PM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?