Author Topic: EA Podcast (and all podcasts) having trouble downloading (Mac/iTunes/updated)  (Read 8657 times)

benjaminjb

• Hipparch
Is anyone else having some terrible trouble with the podcast function of iTunes? Whenever I try to refresh my podcasts/download, iTunes hangs and has to be force quit. Is this just me or are other people experiencing this?

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Yup!  It seems iTunes has decided it hates podcasts, at least on my iPhone.  I made a post about it some months back:

http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=7773.0

Windup

• Hipparch
Is anyone else having some terrible trouble with the podcast function of iTunes? Whenever I try to refresh my podcasts/download, iTunes hangs and has to be force quit. Is this just me or are other people experiencing this?

Are you using iTunes 11.3?  I think they came out with an update like last night and that solved some of the problems I've been having. Also, are you synching to a device that runs apps (iPhone or iPod touch) or a dedicated iPod?

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
I've just given up in iTunes / Podcasts.app for podcasts on OS X / iOS.

I've switched to Downcast (http://www.downcastapp.com/). It's a few quid, but works much, much more reliably in my experience.

benjaminjb

• Hipparch
Windup, I'm primarily using my iPod (nano), so iTunes being buggy with podcasts is unfortunate. (What, am I going to go back to listening to music?)

On my iPhone, the podcast app seems to be working, so I might try to migrate my listening to that; or possibly try some other OS app like Downcast if it can sync with an old-school iPod.

Still, this problem has only cropped up in the last few weeks--around the time I updated iTunes (which is up to date)--so I'm hoping that Apple might fix it.

GeorgeTrish

• Extern
    • Set aside Man
The forum looks different today and I cant access it with Tap-a-Talk on my iPhone. No problem accessing other forums with Tap a Talk - just Kahr. Anybody else having trouble?

art90op

• Extern
I've been having the same problem - on multiple IOS devices !  :'(