Author Topic: PodCastle Spotlight: California Bones!  (Read 3148 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
PodCastle Spotlight: California Bones!

Anna and Dave take one last summer read and discuss California Bones, by Greg van Eekhout. If you’ve heard Greg’s The Osteomancer’s Son, you might recognize it. Then again, you might not!

Also, an excerpt! Yes, Dave reads an excerpt! You guys should totally campaign for him to read the audiobook!

Listen to the essay!

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
I had already read and thoroughly enjoyed California Bones before this spotlight, but hearing it made me so excited for book 2!

And, I totally agree Dave needs to narrate the audiobook!

HueItzcoatl

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:08:34 PM
Holy mother of all the gods! I have been waiting for this novel forever! I loved listening to the short story! I am going to buy this right now!

It's not that I can't see the line, it's merely that I burned it away when I was 5...

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:26:27 PM
My reading list is already way too long.  Am trying to resist making it longer.  This book makes it difficult.

Also, thanks so much for adding in the excerpt this time!  To me that made this spotlight much much more valuable pitch to buy the book.

InfiniteMonkey

• Lochage
  • Clearly, I need more typewriters....
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Hey, Dave, just FYI for future reference - it's SEEM-e Valley, not SIM-e Valley. (yeah, I know it's spelled Simi. Just be glad you don't have to deal with Sequim and Puyallup :-) )

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:30 PM
Ah, interesting, and good to know! I don't live too far from Semi Valley, and have always pronounced it that way. Now I feel silly!

Thanks for the heads-up :)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 03:42:01 AM
Great spotlight, and I'm definitely going to have to add this to my to-read list. It's been years since I listened to The Osteomancer's Son, but that story has really stuck with me and I'm excited that it's now not only a novel, but a full trilogy! :)