Author Topic: MP3's seem to be missing on Pseudopod  (Read 3781 times)

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
on: August 29, 2014, 12:40:07 PM
I discovered this morning that I'd been having technical problems grabbing PodCastle and PseudoPod RSS feeds over the last month; this seems to be fixed now, but in my troubleshooting this morning, I discovered that all the links to MP3's (at least, all the ones I tried) are failing and going to a 404 page.

I can't imagine this is something on my end, especially having just confirmed it from work, but I'm always open to the possibility.

Anyway, on the off chance that this has slipped unnoticed through the cracks, I thought I'd mention it.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:00:11 PM

I discovered this morning that I'd been having technical problems grabbing PodCastle and PseudoPod RSS feeds over the last month; this seems to be fixed now, but in my troubleshooting this morning, I discovered that all the links to MP3's (at least, all the ones I tried) are failing and going to a 404 page.

I can't imagine this is something on my end, especially having just confirmed it from work, but I'm always open to the possibility.

Anyway, on the off chance that this has slipped unnoticed through the cracks, I thought I'd mention it.

PseudoPod hosting *just* got moved. Could that be related? I'll also pass this along to our IT folks.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:54:26 PM
We got moved last night, I believe, so the timing is right. Thanks for the heads-up, Wintermute. I'll forward it to our new IT.

ETA: Just to be clear, this isn't just a PP problem, right? It's happening with PC too?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:56:42 PM by DKT »

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:52:05 PM
PodCastle's fine. I grabbed the most recent three episodes this morning, and I just checked, and was able to grab an audiofile, no 404's to be seen.

Looks like it's just PP.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:50:57 AM
We're looking into this right now and think we've identified the problem. Shouldn't be too hard to fix but might take a couple of hours.

This is for Pseudopod only. We're also looking into PodCastle which is experiencing a separate problem.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 04:04:26 AM
The Pseudopod problem seems to be fixed. Please let us know if you experience any more difficulties.