Author Topic: Queers Destroy Science Fiction! Kickstarter  (Read 4123 times)

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
on: January 15, 2015, 10:13:54 PM
For anyone who was a fan of Lightspeed's Women Destroy! project last year, they opened the Kickstarter for the spinoff Queers Destroy! project today! I'm excited, because they apparently convinced Amal El-Mohtar to write more SF, which is gonna be SO GREAT. Also, Cecil Baldwin of Welcome to Night Vale is going to be the podcast host, so there is so much win here it makes my head asplode.

Anyone who wants to back it, you can find it here. It just opened today and has already funded, but there are some pretty sweet stretch goals (I've got my eye on that special anthology...). :D

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:30 PM
Whoa...Amal's writing for it? Nice!

eytanz

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:14 PM
Cool! There are some seriously awesome backer rewards there. In particular, the Destroy Megapack is a great way to get the three Women Destroy issues from last year for people who don't have them yet (*cough*me*cough).

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:03:56 PM
I'm totally getting one of the print rewards, because I need my little destructive bookshelf family to be complete. They are so pretty! ;D

Also: "JJA Super Gay Anthology" might be the greatest antho title of all time.

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

eytanz

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 01:54:13 PM
In case anyone wanted to donate but felt they wouldn't get enough rewards - over the weekend, the kickstarter hit the stretch goal necessary for them to publish Queers Destroy Horror! as well - making pledges even better value as now you'll get more stories for your donation.