Author Topic: User name and password keep disappearing  (Read 4067 times)

cwthree

• Palmer
on: January 22, 2015, 01:38:44 AM
I'm using BeyondPod to follow the Escape Pod forum. Every couple of weeks, it seems, my username and password stop working. If I try to use BeyondPod's password recovery feature, I get the message that my username doesn't exist. When I go to the forum website, I can't log in our recovery my password, and I have to re-register. The forum keeps allowing me to register the same user name, which makes me think that some process occasionally deletes my account.

Does the Escape Pod forum do some kind of housekeeping to prune out insufficiently active accounts? I don't contribute much (I haven't posted at all before today). Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

eytanz

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 02:04:10 AM
Accounts that never post are deleted periodically (this is mostly to prevent a some common spambot tactics, such as creating dozens of accounts that never post but the user information is full of spam links) . Once you post, your account will no longer be at danger of deletion.

cwthree

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:07:17 PM
Aha! I posted over in one of the story comments forums yesterday, so I should be OK now. Thanks for explaining that.