Author Topic: I'm a monthly subscriber but I don't have access to the bonus matirial  (Read 11065 times)

alleghenyvine

• Extern
 Help!! I am a monthly donator (actually, due to a mistake when I tried to feed the pod, I am two monthly donators) and I have never had access to the bonus material. How do I fix that?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Bonus material this time around has not come out yet.  If you've been donating for the past few years and have never gotten any bonus material, then we have an issue.  You should receive an email with a download link at some point for this round of bonus material when it does come out.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Bonus material this time around has not come out yet.  If you've been donating for the past few years and have never gotten any bonus material, then we have an issue.  You should receive an email with a download link at some point for this round of bonus material when it does come out.

Is there a list of what the bonus material was and when it was released? Since I've still not got the last Podcastle one (previously raised over here http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=7826.msg132630#msg132630 - my bad for not chasing ;-)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir

Is there a list of what the bonus material was and when it was released? Since I've still not got the last Podcastle one (previously raised over here http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=7826.msg132630#msg132630 - my bad for not chasing ;-)

What!?!? You still haven't gotten the PodCastle one?

>:(

Let me get back to you...

xray_spex

• Extern
I've got the same problem--longtime subscriber through PayPal, but have never received any of the bonus materials!
Sorry for my first forum post to be a tech complaint  :)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
No need to apologize, we'd much rather people get the stuff than suffer in silence:)

I'll be looking into this in a couple of days. Should have some news for both of you by the weekend. In the meantime, if you could both DM me your email addresses I'll make sure that the next round of promos (We're between them at the moment) is sent out.

mbieniek

• Extern
Hi,

I'm in the same boat as the others.  I've been a subscriber for a year now and haven't seen any e-mails about the bonus material.  I'm a little behind on my listening and just heard the Halloween episode where the Joe Hill bonus was mentioned, and I thought "I'd like to hear that" but don't know how to get it.  Am I too late?

Thanks,

Matt

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Finally getting the Podcastle bonus material would make a lovely Christmas present (hint hint ;-)

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
The deadline for subscribing and receiving the Joe Hill story is December 31st.  The emails with the download link will be sent out after the deadline.

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
The deadline for subscribing and receiving the Joe Hill story is December 31st.  The emails with the download link will be sent out after the deadline.

It's not the next one I'm worried about — not in the US so won't get it. It's the first one that I've still not received ;-)

mbieniek

• Extern
Thanks, Sgarre1.  I just figured that there has been no bonus material in the year since I started subscribing.  I'll keep an eye out for the e-mail after the 31st.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
For the record, I've never received any emails or anything either.  I'm subscribed through Dwolla with monthly contributions, but I wasn't notified of the bonus episode last year and nothing since.  I mentioned it in a thread and someone tried to get me a download link but somehow or another I wasn't able to get things working.  It never occurred to me that it might be anything but a one-time problem, is there any way to find out if I'm listed in the rosters as a contributor or not?  I understand that us Dwolla users represent a small slice of the crowd (with the popularity of PayPal and whatnot) and I guess I'm becoming concerned this means we're missing out on something.

I absolutely do not wish to suggest that I feel entitled to anything special, I merely love enjoying new content from Escape Artists and if my contributing allows me access to any more, I would love the opportunity to get at it.

greenlion

• Extern
I am having the same issue. I have received bonus material for Podcastle and Psuedopod, but none for Escape Pod, which is my raison d'etre for being a monthly subscriber.

I've been a monthly subscriber since November 2013, and I've heard about Escape Pod bonus material mentioned at least twice since then, but never seen hide nor hair of it.

Please help! I want my bonus sci-fi! :(

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Really sorry to hear this. Couple of quick questions and we should be able to sort things out.

-are you a Dwolla or PayPal subscriber?

I ask because dwolla's security measures have proved intensely difficult for us on
Numerous occasions.

-could you pm me the email address you use to subscribe? and then I'll pass that on to the folks who need it. We'll have  this sorted as quick as we can.

Sorry once again

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Have the 2015 bonus materials been sent out yet? I haven't gotten anything.

greenlion

• Extern
So, I sent a PM to Alasdair with my subscription email address and haven't heard anything. Alasdair, did you receive a msg from me?

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Yep, apologies for the holdup. I've forwarded your email onto our tech folks and we'll be in touch about getting you what you need.

greenlion

• Extern
Ok, thanks! Just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the ether.