Author Topic: Kibitzer's Movember  (Read 3340 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:44 AM
(mods if this thread isn't appropriate, please delete)

Folks, this year I am going with Movember to raise awareness of men's health issues, and depression and anxiety in particular.

What's Movember? I don't know how known it is outside of Aus/NZ. During Movember, men pledge to grow a moustache to pull in donations that go towards men's health issues. The rules: you must start clean-shaven, you must grow a moustache (obviously), it can't be a beard or goatee. You can learn more at movember.com or au.movember.com.

If you'd like to donate, my page is right here. Even if yu don't or can't, if you visit the page you'll see pictures of me pulling silly faces with a rather infeasible moustache. :) It might brighten your day. Or horrify you. Or both.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:21:23 PM
(mods if this thread isn't appropriate, please delete)

Folks, this year I am going with Movember to raise awareness of men's health issues, and depression and anxiety in particular.

What's Movember? I don't know how known it is outside of Aus/NZ. During Movember, men pledge to grow a moustache to pull in donations that go towards men's health issues. The rules: you must start clean-shaven, you must grow a moustache (obviously), it can't be a beard or goatee. You can learn more at movember.com or au.movember.com.

If you'd like to donate, my page is right here. Even if yu don't or can't, if you visit the page you'll see pictures of me pulling silly faces with a rather infeasible moustache. :) It might brighten your day. Or horrify you. Or both.

FWIW, it's widely publicized in the U.S. as well. Good luck with the fundraising and/or moustache :D

Also, this seems relevant.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:05:51 PM
During Movember, men pledge to grow a moustache to pull in donations that go towards men's health issues.

??? How does that work, exactly?

• 1: Grow Mustache
  • 2: ? ? ?
  • 3: PROFIT! DONATIONS!

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:33 PM
Yeah, it's a bit counter-intuitive :) The way I'm doing it is mainly through social media.