Author Topic: Looking for the name of this story  (Read 4132 times)

shammon5

• Extern
on: November 21, 2014, 02:41:01 AM
Hi all! I'm looking for a short story whose title I forget. I thought I heard this story on Pseudopod, but after combing the archives I can't seem to find it, so I thought I'd ask for help.

It's set at a carnival, and is about a woman who cheats on her husband with another carnie. Her husband finds out and he and the other carnival workers capture them. They tattoo his beautiful wife all over her body and I think they tar and feather her lover. She then has to perform at the carnival as "the tattooed woman" or something like that. That's all I remember about the story, but it was pretty intense and the imagery stuck with me despite the title disappearing. If anyone knows it, please tell me! Thanks!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 01:12:52 PM
I think the closest that's run on Pseudopod is The Bee Charmer of Beckett Falls. There is a shocking dearth of carnie stories on PseudoPod.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:06:18 PM
Interesting in that we had something like that subbed very recently (well, like the set-up) but not purchased. Hmmm.

shammon5

• Extern
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:47 AM
Finally got a chance to listen  to this one. Sorry, it's the wrong story. In the story all three characters are involved in the carnival; the husband, wife, and lover. In Beekeeper, the woman is a townie. Plus, I don't think she is killed as a result of being caught cheating, like I said, she is forcibly tattooed. Any other ideas?

shammon5

• Extern
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:01:39 AM
Maybe it's not a Pseudopod story.... but I did hear it on audio, so maybe it's in a short story compilation?

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 04:39:34 PM
Maybe it's not a Pseudopod story.... but I did hear it on audio, so maybe it's in a short story compilation?

Sounds like something Drabblecast might run, but no clue on story, just another place to look.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:41 PM
Sounds like this season of American Horror Story.

Sorry, that's not helpful.