Author Topic: Has anybody listened to..?  (Read 2913 times)

charliesnike

• Extern
on: November 24, 2014, 01:34:01 PM
Has anybody listened to Myke Bartlett's "How to Disappear Completely - The Terrible Business of Salmon & Dusk" ? I'd be interested to know what other's made of it. In parts I thought it was one of the best pieces of storytelling I'd heard in a long time. Although I felt the ending was slightly weak, or at least rushed, it passed the test of me being disappointed when it finished.

I haven't started on his most recent one yet being slightly hesitant that I might be disappointed and already disappointed that he's written a sequel. Aren't there any authors out there brave enough to write a different story every time.

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
You know, that one's been on my to read/listen list for literally YEARS, but I tend to just grab the first thing that comes to hand when I finish the last thing so I haven't gotten around to it yet. That you liked it might make me seek it out specially next time though.

As for the original story Vs sequel question... I suppose with a sequel, you already have a lot of the promotional stuff sorted out because people have read the first story. Also, I think the authors often like to explore what happens next, which is bound to produce sequels. ;)

BTW, where is the best place to get How To Disappear Completely? If there's somewhere I can just pull down the whole podcast in a Zip file, that beats faffing about with a Podiobooks title page, for example.

Not that I don't adore Podiobooks, mind you :D

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:21:31 PM
I find that the DownThemAll! Firefox extension works well with PodioBooks. Just highlight the list of files, and you're a couple of clicks from grabbing them all in one go.

Science means that not all dreams can come true