Author Topic: Where would I go to post an ad for "writer wanted"?  (Read 3237 times)

drowemos

• Extern
on: December 13, 2014, 11:38:05 PM
I am looking to hire someone for a small webcomic writing gig.  Anyone know where I would go to do that?

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:02 PM
Well, here for one. You might also try writing.com or other writer's boards. I mean, I'm pretty brilliant too...you could pitch it to me. :P

drowemos

• Extern
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:01:42 PM
Um... ok.  I really didn't think this was the place.  It's pretty penny penny ante stuff. 

I am just looking for a writer to replace me on my webcomic bladebunny.com.  The comic is an action comedy centered around a ditz ninja girl in a bunny costume.  The original setting was a pseudo-feudal japan setting with a bunch of oddness added in for fun.  But at the end of the chapter the character enter a "portal" to another world so the new writer has pretty much unlimited flexibility when it comes to type of story.  I am looking for someone who likes to write situational and dark humor punctuated with lighthearted action scenes as the comic doesn't take it's self too seriously but at the same time it's not a farce.

It's an ongoing project so as long as the readers pay for the comic there would be work to do.  The minimum expected work would be 125 scripted pages spread out over a year of comic updates. There would be some editorial over-site by myself just to make the transition to new writer a smooth one.  I would also assist in formatting and paneling out the script as needed.  You don't need to be a comic scripting expert for this job and script can be submitted in loose screen play format if that is what you are most comfortable with.

As for compensation, I was assuming their would be a flat per scripted comic page rate.  Profit sharing would also be offered but to be honest I could just buy you 10 lottery tickets and get about the same result.  The writer would also get access to a pretty talented manga artist to work on their own projects (About 20 extra comic pages per year are allocated to just having fun).  Honestly this isn't going to make you rich or even pay a decent wage but if you feel like trying a hand at comic with a very low key job and make a little money on the side this is the job.

If you are interested in this little job just IM me with some relevant work for me to read over or sen and email at Drowemos@yahoo.com.  Thanks.

PS: If this was the wrong place to post this I am sorry.  Matweller told me to.

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:15:13 AM
That looks really fun, actually. I might like to have at it, but I can think of at least 2 other folks that would knock that one out of the park. Is it just a matter of describing what should be happening in each panel and writing in the dialogue? I might be able to convince the other two to triple-time it with me... </thinking out loud>