Author Topic: Halloween Parade Answers 2012  (Read 4400 times)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
on: November 03, 2012, 03:46:22 PM
Here you go:) MASSIVE FACEMELTING SPOILERS for Prometheus, Cabin in the Woods and probably other stuff too.

-Jack is of course, the Jack from the story.

-The irradiated teenagers are from The Chernobyl Diaries, as are the creatures hunting them

-The astronauts are the crew of the Prometheus. Holloway is the one who’s on fire, Fifield is surrounded by his hounds (And wouldn’t his life have been much easier if he’d actually followed the map? He’d MADE? The vast shadow is the Engineer ship that crashes towards the end of the movie and the small, stocky woman leading them is of course, Liz Shaw. One of the things that I really liked about Prometheus was its exploration of her faith and how she refuses to lose it even in the face of the endless horrors she suffers. I don’t agree with it, at all, but I do find it interesting.

-The presidential convoy is Abraham Lincoln from Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer. It’s a patchy as hell movie but it’s a lot of fun and Dominic Cooper as Henry the English vampire is excellent. Hence his deserved cameo appearance here.

-The girl behind them is the lead from Silent House, the real time found footage movie that got remade this year starring one of the Olsen twins

-The polite Edwardian couple are the lead in The Woman in Black and his wife, both very dead and both so relieved to be reunited at last that they don’t really care about anyone or anything else,not quite yet anyway.

-Hadley and Sitterson, ladies and gentlemen! Rosencrantz and Guildenstern with blood all over their hands.  I loved Cabin in the Woods and these two are a very big reason why, Likewise, Amy Acker as Lin who’s following behind them with the rest of the cast stalking along behind her, delighted that the Cabin staff suffered as much as they did on the way out.

-Sigoruney Weaver’s character cannot possibly be human in Cabin in the Woods. Look at the sequence she appears in, there’s only one entrance to the sacrificial chamber and it’s behind Dana and Marty when they come in. The Director, when we first see her, steps UP onto the platform from the other side. She’s an avatar of the things that sleep beneath the Cabin and the gloves she’s always wearing are another indicator that she’s less, or more, than human.

-Alec Holland and the Swamp Thing come next, their newly separate status reflecting how the new Swamp Thing series starts. Following them is Buddy Baker and family from Animal Man, another one of the best new DC titles and closely connected to Swamp Thing.

-The Edwardian police officer is Chief Inspector George Suttle from the excellent Vertigo mini-series The New Deadwardians. The trade’s out shortly and I highly recommend It and everything else Dan Abnett has done. He’s talking to Governor Arcadia Alvarado, the lead in Saucer Country, Paul Cornell’s excellent UFOlogy/piolitical thriller.

-Her bodyguards, the two identical twins, are from Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips’ excellent series Fatale.

-The tall brawny woman is Amelia Cole, the lead in Monkeybrain Comics excellent series Amelia Cole and The Unknown World. Her friend is Autumn Ackermann, the lead in one of their other, also excellent series. October Girl

-John Constantine comes next, along with his wife, a new addition to the family.

-Behind them, the cast of Stuff of Legend, a superb and horrible comic about toys battling to defend their child from a hideous darkness.

-The Winchester boys come next, of course, and as always they make an entrance. Their passengers this year are Castiel, still looking startled to be there and the legendary Mr Bobby Singer. Following them are, of course, everything they’ve ever hunted and Lillith, front and centre. Where she always wanted to be.

-The bare chested man is Fornicus, Lord of Bondage and Pain, the Pinhead analogue from Cabin in the Woods. The sphere is definitely Fornicus’ but I like to think Pinhead sent some Cenobites to walk with him this year, as a sign of solidarity.

-The giant irradiated ants are from every giant irradiated ant movie ever made, although I like to think of them as survivors of Them! Their handlers are the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Frankenstein’s monster.

-The slaughtered kings are just that, the Shakespearean kings, the Jacobean kings and all the rest. They’re accompanied by the movie versions of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, played by Tim Roth and Gary Oldman.

-The Director again, walking with her people this time.

So there you go, that was the Halloween parade for this year. Hope you had fun guessing

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:09 PM
I'm surprised Carl didn't sneak in. Because there's no way he would have stayed in the house.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Hybrid02

Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:31 AM
I am a voice actor looking for experience, and doing narrations and readings would be wonderful to help build it up. I feel I have a great voice for horror readings, and would like to put it to good use! Please let me know what, if any, steps I must go through to become one!

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:45:17 PM
Send an email to editor@pseudopod.org and I will send on the basic "so you wanna be a reader" email.

eytanz

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:22:24 PM
Shawn - I'm going to keep the post by Hybrid02 up and your response to it because it may be useful to someone, but Hybrid02 is not a human - it's a bot that reposts an old post by someone else in a different thread, probably testing out the forum's moderation. This post was reposted from this thread.

In general, if someone responds to an old thread with a 2-3 sentence post that seems off topic for that particular thread (but may be on topic for the forums) there's a good chance it's a bot.