Author Topic: For Your Consideration: PodCastle Award Eligibility 2015  (Read 3731 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
For Your Consideration: PodCastle Award Eligibility 2015

Thanks so much for listening to PodCastle. Since it’s a new year, we wanted to make you aware of what stories we ran in 2014 that are eligible for awards. Below you’ll find a list of our stories, along with where they were originally published.

Additionally, PodCastle is eligible for Best Fancast Hugo Award!

Thanks so much for your consideration.

“Saving Bacon” by Ann Leckie, narrated by Alasdair Stuart (A PodCastle Original)

“La Madre del Oro” by Jeffrey Ford, narrated by Phil Gigante ( Originally published in Dead Man’s Hand)

“Enginesong” by Nathaniel Lee, (Originally published in Beneath Ceaseless Skies)

“Bee Yard” by Cole Bucciaglia, narrated by Sue Brophy (Originally published in Timber Journal)

“The Meaning of Love” by Daniel Abraham, narrated by M.K. Hobson (Originally published in Rogues)

“Drowning in Sky” by Julia August, narrated by Abra Staffin-Wiebe (Originally published in Fantasy Magazine‘s Women Destroy Fantasy!)

“The Wine” by MC Wagner, narrated by C.S.E. Cooney (A PodCastle Original)

“I Wrung it in a Weary Land” by Kenneth Schneyer, narrated by Dave Thompson (A PodCastle Original)

“The Rag Man Mulls Down the Day” by Amal El-Mohtar, narrated by Marguerite Croft (A PodCastle Original)

“Zeraquesh in Absentia” by Benjanun Sriduangkaew, narrated by Amal El-Mohtar (Originally published in The Dark)

“The Dolphin” by Dave Bishop, narrated by Joe Scalora (A PodCastle Original)

“Why I Bought Satan Two Cokes on the Day I Graduated High School” by Nathaniel Lee, narrated by Dave Thompson (Originally Published in U.F.O. 3)

“Burying the Coin” by Setsu Uzume, narrated by Amanda Fitzwater (A PodCastle Original)

“Days of Rain” By Rachael K. Jones, narrated by Cat Rambo (A PodCastle Origianl)

“Help Summon the Most Holy Folded One!” by Harry Connolly, narrated by a full cast (Help Fund My Robot Army! and Other Improbable Crowdfunding Projects)

“Elf Employment” by Heather Shaw and Tim Pratt, narrated by Wilson Fowlie (A PodCastle Original)

“The Problem With Other Worlds” by Nick Scorza, narrated by Dave Thompson (A PodCastle Original)

“Makeisha in Time” by Rachael K Jones, narrated by K. Tempest Bradford (originally published in Crossed Genres)

And we’ve got a couple more stories coming out soon:

The Sea City Six: Where are they Now?  By Jenn Reese, narrated by Mur Lafferty, originally published in Flytrap.

“The Testimony of Samuel Frobisher Regarding Events Upon His Majesty’s Ship CONFIDENCE 14-22 June, 1818, with Diagrams”, Ian Tregillis, narrated by Ian Stuart (Originally published in the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction)

Editors’ Note: Many thanks to David Steffen at Diabolical Plots for helping us organize the above the list.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:38:33 AM by DKT »

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:38:28 PM
I'd LOOOOOOVE to see Podcastle on the ballot.  Or just more fiction podcasts in general, but Podcastle this year in particular to celebrate the great final year that Dave and Anna have given us.

For those who don't follow the Hugo awards, it's not hard to get involved so that you can vote too.  All you need is a supporting membership to WorldCon which this year costs $40, and you can register here:
https://sasquan.swoc.us/sasquan/reg.php

For that $40 you get a Supporting Membership which gives you the right to nominate, which determines what ends up on the ballot.  And you get the right to vote on the nominees that make it to the ballot.  But you also get the Hugo packet which is an electronic copy of most of the works that end up on the final ballot--typically this includes most of the novels, novellas, novelettes, short stories, related works, graphic novels, some anthologies and other assorted stuff for the editors and Related Works categories that aren't already available on the Internet for free.  Last year only a couple of novels were included, but that was unusual (whether something is included depends on whether the publisher allows it).  So for $40 you not only get to help decide the vote, you get a big packet of free fiction and related stuff.  To me that's much of the fun.

If you were a Supporting member of last year's Worldcon OR if you are pre-registered for next year's Worldcon that gives you the right to nominate but NOT to vote (unless you register for this year's to get the right to vote).

RDNinja

• Extern
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:51:34 PM
I voted last year, so I get to nominate this year, and "Enginesong" is definitely going on my ballot. It's the only one that's really stayed with all this time, and I made a mental note shortly after hearing it that I would need to remember it when Hugo season came around. I'll need to look up some of those older ones too, because I don't recognize all the names.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:45 PM
I voted last year, so I get to nominate this year, and "Enginesong" is definitely going on my ballot. It's the only one that's really stayed with all this time, and I made a mental note shortly after hearing it that I would need to remember it when Hugo season came around. I'll need to look up some of those older ones too, because I don't recognize all the names.

That's one of the reasons I love a really evocative title--I like it when I look at a title year's later and the story immediately springs to mind.