Author Topic: Alternate History and Historical Fiction  (Read 4149 times)

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:28 AM
Hello, I'm been a fan of all the Escape Artists podcasts over the last few years.  I recently wrote an article over at Alternate History Weekly Update highlighting some of the great alternate history offered by Escape Pod.  It's prove to be very popular and I've been ask to write similar articles about other podcasts. 

So, I was wondering if there's any great alternate history or historical fantasy stories on Podcastle.  I know about Wane by Elizabeth Bear, and I know the stories Ken Liu and Saladin Ahmed have sent in, and I recall one called Card Sharp I liked.  I just want to make sure I do my best to represent PodCastle to those who haven't hear of it before, so any advice would be helpful. 

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:42:50 PM
The article is now live at Alternate History Weekly Update http://alternatehistoryweeklyupdate.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-audio-file-podcastle.html

I want to thank everyone in all of the threads, episode feedback and other things I read to make this article.  I couldn't have done it without you guys.  Also I know Dave and Anna are stepping down from PodCastle.  I can think of no better way to honor your legacy and all you've done than to promote and ensure PodCastle keeps going for many years to come.  Thank you both so much for all you've done over the years and I hope this artcile does PodCastle some justice.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:44 PM
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier! Great write-up, thanks for putting it together!

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
You're welcome :)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:54 PM
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier! Great write-up, thanks for putting it together!

What Talia said! Thanks very much, and glad you've enjoyed PodCastle :)

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:33 PM
I'm happy that you're happy.  My only regret is that when I do submit a story to PodCastle I won't get to here you introduce it, but I'm sure whoever does introduce it will do a perfectly good job when that day comes