Author Topic: Casefile: Arkham horror/noir  (Read 3834 times)

Megaflow

• Extern
    • Megaflow Graphics
on: February 28, 2015, 07:00:57 PM
Hi! Let me take a moment to shamelessly plug a graphic novel I'm working on, that combines Lovecraft's world with hardboiled detective/noir characters. A perfect fit, I think! I'm doing the art, and we are funding on Kickstarter (like you do these days).

The first book introduces us to Hank Flynn, P.I. Back from serving in the Pacific theatre of WWII, he's set up shop in the town of Arkham, Mass. He's been hired to track down a missing artist, named Richard Upton Pickman - and ends up encountering horrors far beyond even what he saw in battle. The visual mood is horror-laced film-noir, but done in stark black & white art style reminiscent of the old Warren horror comics, Steranko's "Chandler", or "Sin City". If this sounds interesting, please take a look - I'm very proud of the work we're doing on it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309827462/case-file-arkham

misty dawn

• Extern
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:11:01 PM
Anyone out there a fan of Edagawa Rampo? I would LOVE to read "The Human Chair" as it's one of my favorite of the Japanese horror genre and I KNOW is perfect for Pseudopod (hint hint)....

Megaflow

• Extern
    • Megaflow Graphics
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
Wow! Thanks to Alasdair for mentioning our project on the latest Pseudopod. That was extremely exciting!