Author Topic: The Twilight Histories Podcast  (Read 6257 times)

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:40 PM
No, this has nothing to do with sparkly vampires.

This is about one of my favorite podcast that I'd like to give a plug and introduce all of you to.  It's done in the style of old time radio adventure programs where you, the listener, go on adventures either back in time or to an alternate history.  There's so many great shows to discover, a world where Germany won the First World War, a world where China discovered the New World, even a world where Carthage established a colony on Mars. 

I'm the semi-official mapmaker for the podcasts so perhaps I'm a tad biased, but I think you'll like it a lot.  I even got Jordan Harbour, the maker of the podcast, hook on Escape Pod.  So I figured it was only right I returned the favor and gave a good word for The Twilight Histories over at Escape Artists. 

And of course, here is the link:  http://www.twilighthistories.com

ediblepenguin

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 04:14:48 AM
Sounds great, I'll check it out.

Though...
a world where China discovered the New World
I'm pretty sure they did...  (notwithstanding the indigenous peoples and the vikings) but there's pretty compelling evidence that Magellan and Columbus used Chinese maps.

Castor Pollux

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:59 AM
I'm sure you'll love it, but what make you say so about the Chinese and the New World?  1421 had been debunked numerous times. 

In any event, if the Chinese made it to the New World, they didn't stay for long; while in the show they do and they interact with the Aztecs