Author Topic: Pseudopod Bonus Flash: The Discussion Of Mimes  (Read 2838 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: April 17, 2015, 04:26:33 PM
Pseudopod Bonus Flash: The Discussion Of Mimes

by Michael Payne

“The Discussion Of Mimes” is making its first appearance on PSEUDOPOD. “Why are so many people afraid of clowns and amused by mimes?”

MICHAEL PAYNE is a comedian who has written for the TV show “The Daily Buzz” and on fark.com. He maintains a blog at THE INTERESTING TIMES HERALD.

Your reader this week – Joe Calarco – is the Resident Sound Designer and Associate Artistic Director of Coeurage Theatre Company, the only exclusively Pay-What-You-Want theatre in Los Angeles. They are in their 6th season. Joe will be directing the West Coast Premiere of Chicago’s smash hit play The Sparrow this fall. He is also in pre-production for his first film, a short based on Eric Czuleger’s “Punksnotdead” from his novel Immortal L.A. Punksnotdead was produced for Pseudopod at the end of last year, so be sure check it out!.

“Following careful overanalysis, I decided to treat myself for a change. I’d spent the last three years working during the day and attending school at night. You can understand why I thought I was entitled to some frivolity.

I settled on mime classes. I’d never even thought about miming, which is part of what drew me to it. I’d been living a drab, bookish life, so I wanted to go as far in the other direction as possible.

An Internet search found fewer mime classes than I anticipated. I figured in NYC there was enough interest in every artistic pursuit to support a small army of participants. Miming appeared to be the exception. If they rebranded it “mime yoga” perhaps it’d be different.”

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:21:38 PM
Hahaha, this was fun.  Should've known those mimes were up to something.  I like how they tied the prevalence of mimes in France to a difference in philosophy, stating a root-cause effect for something that in our world is probably just circumstantial.  Probably.