Author Topic: When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro  (Read 3393 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:24 PM
PseudoPod is open again for submissions. With the reopening, we’d like to announce a few changes for the better. First, we have new pay rates. For all new submissions, we will pay the pro rate of $.06 per word for original fiction up to a cap of 6,000 words. We will pay $100 flat rate for reprints, and $20 flat rate for flash fiction (stories below 1500 words). This now makes all the organizations in the Escape Artists family pro-paying markets. Second, we have moved to the Submittable platform for all submissions. This gives everyone improved tracking, a cleaner user interface, and a better overall experience. Please check out our Submissions page or the Submittable portal for more details.

We would also like to take a moment to recognize our submissions staff. The submissions staff is the lifeblood of our organization and keep the gears from grinding. Moaner T. Lawrence will be stepping in as new Assistant Editor over submissions. Our Associate Editors include Chelsea, Kat, and Jen as new staff members, as well as the returning Brian, Jesse, Nick, and Nicole. Many thanks are owed to the uncountable hours devoted by Joe, who is moving to new projects. With the new rates, we expect you authors to keep these folks busy reading for the upcoming seasons of PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

SpareInch

• Hipparch
  • Will there be sugar after the rebellion?
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 12:26:41 PM
I look forward to hearing all the great stories which I'm certain will flock to the new pay rates like moody outsiders to a sinister death cult. ;)

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:24 AM
Do you fear for your child?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:44:52 PM
Soldiers are dancing on rotting empires...