Escape Artists
September 22, 2017, 09:08:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Pseudopod Flash Fiction Contest IV Rules  (Read 26852 times)
DoWhileNot
Matross

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »

Looks like I'll have a couple family members participating like last time.  We assume we'll be following the same rules as before and will not be voting for each other's stories.  Bdoomed, I'll let you know privately who we are.

Thanks!
Portrait in Flesh
Hipparch

NO KILL I

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »

So the voices in my head weren't kidding.  Flash IV is out and about and shaking its naughty junk in everybody's face.

And with only a little more than a week left, I...don't know if I can get anything out. 

* Portrait in Flesh shakes tiny fist at the sky

"Boys from the city.  Not yet caught by the whirlwind of Progress.  Feed soda pop to the thirsty pigs." --The Beast of Yucca Flats
gman58
Extern

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 08:26:43 PM »

Just submitted my first entry!  Thanks to all at Pseudopod for the opportunity!
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »

Not to put the cart before the horse, but is there an idea of what the schedule for the Podcastle and Escape Pod contests will be?  To have an idea when I need to have written my entry stories. Smiley
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 03:25:56 PM »

Not to put the cart before the horse, but is there an idea of what the schedule for the Podcastle and Escape Pod contests will be?  To have an idea when I need to have written my entry stories. Smiley

2016  Smiley

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Gabe
Extern

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 06:00:27 AM »

Hi, I'm new.  Just making my post to show I'm a human.  I'm terrible at forums so my apologies if I posted this weirdly/in the wrong place.  Nice to meet you.
Anthony Creamer (Poisonwaters)
Matross

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »

I'm human too... although right now I'm playing a lizard in a game /grins

look forward to reading these, is there a forum we need special access to or they just get posted somewhere in this forum?
Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »

I'm human too... although right now I'm playing a lizard in a game /grins

look forward to reading these, is there a forum we need special access to or they just get posted somewhere in this forum?

The stories will show up in this sub-forum area starting October 1. We have two more days of submissions yet before we can finalize the brackets.

Anthony Creamer (Poisonwaters)
Matross

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »

Looking forward to it.
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »

What if someone is a spambot, but still loves to write and read fiction and discuss the merits of stories?  I'm asking for a friend.
Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »

What if someone is a spambot, but still loves to write and read fiction and discuss the merits of stories?  I'm asking for a friend.

Unless they're fans of Harlan's I HAVE NO MOUTH, they would probably have a better time submitting stories to the future Escape Pod contest.

You know, I would love to see a spambot whose base personality programming is both Harlan Ellison and his fiction. That would be simultaneously terrifying and awesome.

REPENT CAPTCHA, SAID THE SPAMBOT MAN!

Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »

Unless they're fans of Harlan's I HAVE NO MOUTH, they would probably have a better time submitting stories to the future Escape Pod contest.

Two of the three flash stories I've had published in Pseudop

You know, I would love to see a spambot whose base personality programming is both Harlan Ellison and his fiction. That would be simultaneously terrifying and awesome.

REPENT CAPTCHA, SAID THE SPAMBOT MAN!
[/quote]

Love it.  Smiley

Although I do think there's plenty of space in the concept of spambots to be a horror story.  Ferrett Steinmetz's Dead Merchandise comes to mind (though it would admittedly be very hard to fit something like that into 500 words). 
SpaceMonkeyX
Extern

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »

Just here to say I'm a real person.  Looking forward to reading the submissions!
archaevist
Peltast

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »

Oh gosh, I thought the contest ended tomorrow at midnight, it looks like it ends tonight at midnight! GLAD I CHECKED! Submitting now. 
NRKnight
Extern

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 01:35:22 PM »

A bit late, but I finally got my two pieces ready for the contest. Can't wait to see who 'll come out on top!
NRKnight
Extern

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:05 PM »

Oh gosh, I thought the contest ended tomorrow at midnight, it looks like it ends tonight at midnight! GLAD I CHECKED! Submitting now. 

I think you may be able to rest easy. While it's definitely better to submit sooner than later, it looks like we still have one day and nine hours according to the submission portal.

But obviously don't rely on that. Because even if it's right, there's always things that could go wrong!
archaevist
Peltast

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 01:57:17 PM »

You're right! I just panicked, haha. I'll get my second story up to snuff
Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

You're right! I just panicked, haha. I'll get my second story up to snuff

Using submittable, you can always withdraw and then submit the new version.

As long as Submittable allows you to enter stories, that's the submission window. The portal remaining open through midnight on the 15th *should* be consistent with how it was programmed.

samurai_ty
Extern

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 02:15:47 PM »

Hey all, hopefully you'll accept a Johnny-come-lately entry.  Well, sub closes tomorrow, but I've always cut things close.  It's my first submission, please be gentle!
Moritz
Lochage

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »

Hey all, hopefully you'll accept a Johnny-come-lately entry.  Well, sub closes tomorrow, but I've always cut things close.  It's my first submission, please be gentle!

I just finished my piece and will sleep over it before submitting. Also - we can't be gentle, cause the process will be anonymous  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: